If I want to feel surrounded by Disney Magic, I head to Mickey’s PhilharMagic in Magic Kingdom. This is a spectacular 12-minute 3D fantasy starring Donald Duck as he tries to recover Mickey’s Sorcerer hat. It takes you on a journey through some of the most memorable songs from Disney animated movies including Beauty and the Beast, The Little Mermaid, The Lion King, Peter Pan and Aladdin.
Length of Ride: 12 minutes
Height Requirement: None
Scare Factor: It is a 3D movie, so if a movie theater scares your child, it might be a little scary.
Rider Switch (for small kids): No
Weather Procedure: Indoors
Ride Photo: No
Flash Photography: No
Extra Magic Hours: Open for morning and evening.
Fastpass +: Yes
When to Ride: Anytime
Our Touring Strategy: We usually wait to see the show in the early afternoon when it is starting to get hot.
Secrets/Tips and Tricks:
- The theater holds approximately 500 guests.
- The best seats are in the middle of the theater. Since Cast Members make you go all the way down a row to fill the seats, let some people go in front of you until you are sure you can sit in the middle.
- You are given 3D glasses when you enter the show. If you have a little one who can’t wear the glasses, don’t fret. They will still enjoy the show!
- After you see the movie, look behind you. You will see where Donald landed after he got shot out of the cannon!
- There is a scene where Ariel’s jewels float out into the audience. Consider bringing some jewels with you and present them to your child after the movie and tell them that you caught them.
Check out these tips for buying Disney Park Passes.