Tom Sawyer Island in Magic Kingdom is accessible only by a log raft that takes you across Rivers of America. You’ll arrive at Tom’s Landing where you begin your self-guided tour of the island. Take your family on an exploration of Harper’s Mill, Injun Joe’s Cave, Potter’s Mill, Fort Langhorn and Tom Sawyer Scavage Fort. Go through passageways and caves, explore the old mine and cross shaky rope bridges. Be sure to reference the maps found throughout the island to see where you are located.
Since the only way on and off the island is by raft, grab yourself a seat near the dock and let the older kids roam and explore.
Secrets/Tips and Tricks:
- The first boat to the island isn’t until 10 am and the island closes at dusk.
- This island will probably take you about 45 minutes to an hour to do. It’s a great place to let the older kids run and play.
- Don’t go to the island if you hear thunder! You might get stuck on the island until it passes.
- Find Harper’s Mill and look closely at the wood gears. Between the clogs is a blue bird.
- Find where Tom was painting the fence.
- You used to be able to hunt for Tom’s paintbrushes on the island but unfortunately they discontinued the hunt.
- Aunt Polly’s was a quick service restaurant located on the island. It is now home to a couple vending machines with some beautiful seating to watch the Liberty Belle drift by.
You might also enjoy the Shootin’ Arcade in the Magic Kingdom.