If you want to save money on your vacation, utilize all of the tips you can find. Here are my 10 best money saving tips for Walt Disney World:
1. Get free water – Every Quick Service restaurant that serves fountain soda will give you a free cup (or two or three) of ice water. Bring some flavor packets if you aren’t a fan of the taste of Florida water.
2. Bring your own food – Pack your own snacks, lunch, water, etc. Disney has a huge markup on food and the less you buy there, the better.
3. Eat a kid’s meal – Order off the kid’s menu at Quick Service restaurants. It is still very filling and in the Florida heat you don’t want to make yourself miserable.
4. Share an adult meal – Order an extra side and split the adult meal at both Quick Service and Table Service restaurants. As long as it is not a buffet you are allowed to share.
5. Buy pins before you come – If you want to trade pins, purchase a lot on Ebay. Just make sure you check the seller’s rating first.
6. Use your refillable mugs – If you got the dining plan, make sure you utilize your included refillable mugs. Fill them up before you leave the resort and bring a couple bottles of gatorade with you. Ask for free ice at the parks and fill your cups up with the ice cold gatorade.
7. Stay in a value resort – If you are going to spend most of your time in the parks, go for the cheaper resort. You’ll save money while still getting all of the perks of being on property.
8. Visit in the off season – Disney raises the prices for peak season (think school holidays). If you travel in value season you will pay less and have less crowds to deal with.
9. Eat lunch at a Table Service restaurant – If you are paying out of pocket, lunch is a cheaper meal than dinner. And if you eat a big lunch, you can have a smaller dinner.
10. Limit your souvenir purchases before you arrive – Decide exactly how many items you want to bring home and stick with it. Put your budget on a Disney gift card and only allow yourself to spend that on souvenirs.
Learn more tips and tricks for your next Walt Disney World vacation. Destinations in Florida can also help you add tips and tricks to your next vacation.