Storybook Circus, opened in 2012 as part of the expansion of Fantasyland at Magic Kingdom. In 2014, when said and done this expansion nearly doubled the size of Fantasyland including rides such as Seven Dwarfs Mine Train and more. The area of Fantasyland now known as Storybook Circus is home to Dumbo and much more. Learn 10 facts today of Storybook Circus.
10 Facts About Storybook Circus In Magic Kingdom
- This area of Fantasyland is based on Disney’s Dumbo, with welcome signs at the entrance, resembling a circus in town.
- Take time to look down at the pavement and you may just find circus animal footprints and forgotten peanut shells.
- Rides in Storybook Circus include: Dumbo (not 1, but 2!) and Barnstormer featuring Goofy as the Great Goofini (a family-friendly junior coaster).
- Dumbo has an amazing interactive queue, making this an attraction where a Fastpass+ is not necessary. Plus, there are 2 identical Dumbo rides.
- Pack a bathing suit or change of clothes for children to play in the Casey Jr. Soak ‘N’ Splash Station, a fun water play area.
- Step inside Big Top Souvenirs for souvenirs, plus find Big Top Treats for delicious snacks.
- Pete’s Silly Sideshow – guests chance to meet Donald Duck as The Amazing Donaldo, Goofy as The Great Goofini, Daisy Duck as Madame Daisy Fortuna and Minnie Mouse as Minnie Magnifique.
- Want easy access to Storybook Circus? Ride the Walt Disney Railroad from the front of the park to the Fantasyland Station in Storybook Circus.
- Or use the path from Tomorrowland to Storybook Circus. It starts near the Train Station in Storybook Circus and ends next to the Tomorrowland Power Co. store located at the exit of Splash Mountain.
Learn more about planning your Walt Disney World vacation. Plus overwhelmed with all the planning? Destinations in Florida can help you plan your perfect trip.