Choosing to pack snacks for your Walt Disney World vacation will save you money. It is also a smart choice to bring small healthy snacks, perfect for an afternoon boost. Having snacks on hand also means avoiding lines for just a quick snack, saving time as well. When considering which snacks to pack for your vacation avoid items that will crush easily or melt (such as chocolate).
1. Beef Jerky – Is a protein packed snack. Beef Jerky holds up well as its not easily crushed, perfect for parking in your park bag.
2. Granola Bars – Granola bars come in an enormous selection of flavors today, choose varieties that will not melt easily. They are a convenient to carry in your park bag as well. Or try dried granola.
3. Gum – If you are a gum chewer, you best pack this one. This is because gum is not sold in any of the Walt Disney World parks.
4. Fruit (Dried) – Dried fruit snack bags are easy to carry around. They are a great healthy snack, easy to eat while roaming the parks.
5. Fruit (Fresh) – Surprisingly fresh fruit travels well. Consider apples or oranges. Or, try clementine’s which are smaller and easier to peel. It costs $1.99 (each) per piece of fresh fruit at Anaheim Produce in Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
6. Fruit Snacks – Are a fast, likable snack by many. The small packages are convenient to carry around and they can be a quick boost of sugar for the right moment. Bonus if you find Disney themed fruit snacks!
7. Nuts – Available in many varieties, to-go packs or make your own with plastic bags. They hold up well and contain a great source of protein.
8. Pringles – As opposed to bags of chips (which will crush easily), instead pack Pringles. They now make small size cans, in addition to the full size cans – Pringles are more protected due to the packaging.
9. Trail Mix – If nuts alone are too boring, consider trail mix. Coming in a variety of flavors and mixes, or easily make your own!
10. Water flavors – Even if you do not normally reach for water, it is important to stay hydrated with water during your Disney vacation. Plan to pack some water flavor packets to add some flavor if your not normally a water drinker.
Learn more tips and tricks for your next Walt Disney World vacation. Destination in Florida can also help you add tips and tricks to your next vacation.