We cruised in May of 2017 on the Disney Fantasy. Here are 10 Mistakes I Made On The Disney Fantasy:
1. Going to Cabanas for lunch – We decided to head to Deck 11 to go to Cabanas for lunch. It was a madhouse. We should have gone to Enchanted Garden on deck 2.
2. Not closing our verandah door – The room quickly heats up if you leave the verandah door open for extended periods of time. We learned that the hot way! The kids wanted to go on the verandah and before I knew it, the room was hot and stuffy.
3. Not asking for help – Our air conditioning never seemed to cool the room all the way. I found out later that our knob should have adjusted it. I thought it had a set temperature and that was it. Next time I will make sure to request help.
4. Not asking for a door stop – One of the most challenging things with a stroller is trying to get everyone in the stateroom door. I should have asked the stateroom host for a door stop or I should have taken our stuff and our daughter out of the stroller and folded it before we entered the narrow hallway to our stateroom.
5. Not packing individual snacks – Our toddler loves veggie straws. I brought a big bag with us and some ziplocs to send some with her to the nursery. They told me that they only accept prepackaged individual snacks, so no veggie straws for her in the nursery.
6. Not considering the fact that excursions could be cancelled – I had booked parasailing for my teenager and really built up how exciting an experience it was going to be for her. The wind was high and the sea was rough so they cancelled parasailing. She was so disappointed and upset! Next time I will keep the excursions a surprise on the off chance that they could be cancelled again.
7. Not buying souvenirs ASAP – My husband found a t-shirt he liked and I told him to wait to buy it. When he went back, it was sold out. Since the ship has a limited stock of souvenirs, buy what you want when you see it.
8. Not turning off my internet package – I bought the $40 internet package and forgot to log out when I finished doing my tasks. Overnight it ate up all of my $40 package! That was a lot of money down the drain.
9. Not understanding how booking cruises works – If you book a future cruise while on a cruise, you can save 10% off your next cruise. I went to the desk to book it and found out there were 80 people ahead of me in the virtual queue. I decided to pass on the opportunity because I wasn’t getting up at 1 am to book it. I should have gone to this desk to be put in the virtual queue on the first night instead of the last.
10. Not getting my bearings – I got turned around and lost on the ship so many times! I should have spent more time figuring out how to navigate the ship instead of just winging it. There is a map of every deck on the Disney Cruise Line app that I should have utilized more.
What mistakes have you made on a Disney Cruise?