By Amanda from mouzekateerz.com.
If you’re Couponing to Disney, then you know all about scrimping and saving, rolling change and cutting corners, etc. You’ve probably stayed at the Disney Value Resorts, maybe off property in an even-more-value hotel. But when is it time to splurge? Have you ever thought about stepping up to one of the Disney Deluxe Resorts, or upgrading even further to a Club Level Room?
Disney’s Wilderness Lodge is a Rocky Mountain themed resort surrounded by deep woods, decorated with authentic touches like 55-foot man-made totem polls and granite flagstones. On-site entertainment includes boat rentals, fishing trips, bike rentals, and even horse-drawn carriage rides. The landscaping is absolutely breathtaking, from a Disney-made stream and geyser, all the way down to the boat dock on Bay Lake.
Wilderness Lodge has a family restaurant called “Whispering Canyon Cafe” that’s quite popular with families staying at the resort. Need some details and menu prices?
So what exactly will a stay at Wilderness Lodge cost? There are many different options, but here are prices per night for a stay during Value Season at different locations throughout the resort.
- Standard room with standard view – $265
- Standard Room with Woods View – $300
- Woods View with Bunk Bed – $330
- Standard Room with Courtyard View – $320
- Courtyard view with bunk bed – $355
Here’s where we take a jump in price and amenities. Remember the saying about how you get what you pay for…
- Club Level with Concierge Service – Standard Room – $445
- Club Level with Concierge Service – Honeymoon Suite – $475
- Club Level with Concierge Service – Deluxe Room – $580
- Club Level with Concierge Service – Vice-Presidential Suite – $915
- Club Level with Concierge Service – Presidential Suite – $1030
Couponing to Disney fan and Mouze Kateerz.com writer Teri Scavette described the Club Level experience she had with her husband.
“We stayed on the 7th floor Club Level for a belated honeymoon. We were greeted by the bellman and our bags were taken from us upon our arrival. We were escorted by a Wilderness Lodge Cast Member up to the seventh floor for a private check-in. You need an ID card to be able to access the seventh floor.
I was taken back by the size of the room, and amazed by the vaulted ceilings. The detail in the king-sized bed headboard was beautiful. In the bath, we had a full marble Jacuzzi tub with a waterfall spigot. Perhaps best of all, our room was located right near the lounge where food and drink were served all day long.”
Teri has also stayed at another amazing Disney Deluxe Resort, the Polynesin Resort on the Club Level, and her review of the perks is just as enticing.
What comes standard in the Wilderness Lodge Honeymoon Suite on the Club Level?
- Club level with concierge service honeymoon suite offers a view of the woodlands or the Magic Kingdom theme park
- One king-size bed
- Bathroom with marble whirlpool tub
- Vanity area with 2 sinks and bath
- Table and chairs
- Private balcony
- Ceiling fan
- DVD player
- High-speed Internet access (for an additional fee)
- voice mail
Think these ammenities sound great for your next vacation, but you’ll have to save for a while to pull it off? Here are some dining tips that could help get you there.
What was Terri’s favorite part of Club Level experience?
The view and the individualized service.
“The view of the lobby from up on the seventh floor is amazing. We were literally at the top of the totem pole! Another feature that we both enjoyed was a private balcony; it’s very serene being up above the tree tops! The Cast Members were always eager to help with any request, greeting you with a huge smile each time you departed the elevator.”
When staying on the Club Level, you will receive access to the Old Faithful Club, located on seventh floor of the Resort. There are many benefits to the Old Faithful Club.
- Advanced Walt Disney World Resort Itinerary Planning service
- Personalized Front Desk and Concierge service from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Evening turn-down service with chocolates
- Complimentary Health Club access
- Complimentary fax assistance
- Secure key access to the Club Level floors and Lounge, which serves refreshments daily:
- Continental breakfast from 7 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.
- Midday snack from 11:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Evening wine and cheese from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Evening cordials and desserts from 8 p.m. to 10 p.m.
Back to Teri for her thoughts on the Old Faithful Club, “My husband and I both especially enjoyed the continental breakfast that was served every morning,which consisted of hot cereal, fresh fruits, bagels, croissants, coffee, teas, juices, etc. We were able to grab a bite to eat, and then we could be on our way to enjoy the Disney fun. During the day there were offerings of homemade potato chips with a dip, liquors at night and at dinner time, there was a hot dish with many finger foods. My very favorite offering? The late night cobblers!!!!”
I asked Teri what her overall impression of Club Level was, and if she felt it was worth the extra money. “Our overall experience on a scale from 1 to 10 was definitely a 50! I loved the personal service and over the top accommodations. I can honestly say I’m ‘hooked’ on staying at Club Level in the Disney World Deluxe Resorts. We truly enjoyed our stay at Club Level at the Wilderness Lodge, and we look forward to experiencing it again.”
There is an additional adult charge of $25 per adult per night for more than 2 adults, except in Suites and rooms with King beds.
Additional information you may need if you decide to make the leap to Club Level.
- Online booking for Club Level accommodations is not available. You can call WDW-MAGIC or (407) 939-6244. for reservations.
- Voice mail is available.
- Wheelchair-accessible rooms are available.
- All rooms are non-smoking rooms.
Need help deciding when to book your Club Level stay, or really, just a stay anywhere in Orlando? Here’s info. that can make your planning easier.
So there is an overview of Club Level accommodations at Wilderness Lodge. Even if the amenities are nice, that’s a lot of money. Think it’s worth it? I’m not sure I could ever roll enough quarters to afford a night on the club level, but is sure is nice to take a peak into what’s offered just in case my Lottery ticket finally pays off!
You will also find their articles on Meet the Magic.com.