One way to cut costs around your home is to use items you already have (or can buy on the cheap) in creative ways! Today we are discussing 12 Uses for Baking Soda to Save Money.
1. Use in your humidifier. Simply add 2 TSPs of baking soda to your humidifier water to get rid of any musty smells.
2. Freshen up mattresses. If you need to eliminate urine smells, sprinkle baking soda topped with a vinegar spritz and use a wet/dry vac to clean up.
3. Clean your coffee pot. Use baking soda and run hot water through a full cycle to clean your coffee pot. Then rinse with warm water.
4. Get rid of fresh Carpet Stains. Sprinkle baking soda over the stain and let it soak up, then vacuum clean.
5. For Ice & Snow. If you have a buildup of ice and snow outside your door, sprinkle baking soda to use as traction and prevent slipping.
6. Bathroom cleaner for tub and sink. Baking soda makes a great soft scrub for cleaning your bathroom.
7. Laundry. Skip the chemicals in other deodorizes and use baking soda to eliminate odors by placing a cup in with your detergent.
8. Mouth Guard cleanser. Use 2 TSP of baking soda in water water to soak and clean sports mouth guards.
9. Freshen Breath. Did you know you can make a freshen breath recipe using 1 TSP of baking soda in a glass of water? Swish as normal.
10. Tooth whitening. There are a number of easy recipes to find online that use baking soda as an ingredient for a natural tooth whitening mix.
11. Toilet Clearner. Mix 1/2 cup baking soda and 1/2 cup of water to use as a toilet bowl cleaner.
12. Non-Toxic Deodorant. Make your own non toxic deodorant by mixing 1/4 cup of baking soda, 1/4 cup of cornstarch, 5-6 TBS of Coconut oil and 5-6 drops of essential oils. Combine and then put in a jar or old deodorant stick, let harden in fridge.
Learn more Money Savings Tips! We are here to help you Save to Survive in 2022 with creative ways to trim your budget, save on groceries, afford Christmas gifts and more. Join the SavEars community of friends.
Want to chat about a Disney vacation? Travel Agents (at no cost to you) are ready to help in the SavEars group.