Beside wearing sunblock, consider these 15 tips for surviving Disney World during the summer. Learn the places throughout Disney World to cool down. Plus other general tips that helped past guests get through the Florida heat.
- At Magic Kingdom, head to Cool Ship counter service eatery and attached find a cooling station in Tomorrowland.
- Club cool in Epcot at Future World is a nice place to try free samples of Cola from around the World in air conditioning.
- Splash Pads are a great way to cool children down, check out the Splash Pads listed on 10 Playgrounds & Attractions For Young Children.
- Ride Splash Mountain at Magic Kingdom or Kali River Rapids at Animal Kingdom and chances are you will get wet.
- Casey Jr. Splash N Soak Station in Magic Kingdom is a fun area for children to play, let out some energy and get wet. (bring a change of clothes or bathing suit)
- Bring your own water spray bottle with Fan, the battery operated ones that spray mist. Or a small personal fan.
- Mid-Day break, during the hottest part of the day and use the time to nap or recharge at the hotel.
- Take a 2nd shower to refresh or change clothes half way through the day.
- Stay hydrated, drink plenty of water. Ask for Free Ice Water at the Parks or Bring Your Own Brita Water Bottle.
- Consider a sit down restaurant, which is more time consuming than a Quick service restaurant. However, it offers a nice break from the heat in air conditioning. Make Reservations for popular choices.
- Take advantage of early magic hours (if staying on property), during to avoid the hottest parts of the day (mid-day), as well as some crowds.
- Go Swimming mid-day to cool off at your resorts pool.
- Consider adding a water park day to your Disney World Vacation if you know you are visiting during higher temperature times. Choose Blizzard Beach or Typhoon Lagoon.
- Bring a cooling towel to the Parks.
- Stay away from dark clothing, wear hats/sunglasses.
Photo Credit: Sara A.
Learn more tips and tricks for your next Walt Disney World vacation. Destinations in Florida can also help you add tips and tricks to your next vacation.