This is not your traditional Disney Cruise packing list. Below are 20 Odd But Useful items for a Disney Cruise. Learn from others with many cruises under their belt and add these to your packing list.
1. Insulated Cup With Lid – This will save you time from constant refills since soft drinks are included. Find refill stations at Deck 9 on the Disney Magic and the Disney Wonder. Or, Deck 11 on the Disney Dream and Disney Fantasy.
2. Magnets for Doors – Dress up your Stateroom door with Disney Magnets. Others will appreciate seeing the effort as well.
3. Gum – Gum is not sold on Disney Cruise Ships, so if you are a gum chewer, pack it.
4. First Aid Items – While you are packing for a good time pack the “just in case” items as well such as, headache medicine, allergy medicine, aloe lotion, Band-Aids, etc.
5. Highlighters – For your personal navigator, delivered to your stateroom each evening. The highlighter is useful for marking which events you are interested in. There is also an app version for guests.
6. Clothespins – These can serve 2 purposes, first being for the curtains. Use Clothespins to securely shut the curtains. Also, use to hang bathing suits up to dry in your bathroom.
7. Hamper – Buy a collapsible or mesh hamper (sold at the Dollar Tree) for dirty clothes. Space in a stateroom is valuable, this helps with organization.
8. A Sweatshirt – Or light jacket, even for those visiting in the summer. Past guests have reported how cold the AC can get in the dining room and theater.
9. Disinfectant spray/wipes – Wipe down door handles and other surfaces when you first arrive to your room, Disinfectant spray works as well.
10. Hanging Toiletry Bag – They are great for travel since having a place to store items will free up counter space on bathroom sink (look for ones with hooks like a clothing hanger on Amazon).
11. Beach Towel Clips – Relaxing in a lounge chair is much more relaxing when your towel stays put. Bring beach towel clips to achieve this.
12. Ziploc Bags – In all sizes, have many uses. For example, use for storing wet bathing suits (large bags) and smaller bags for keeping phones dry, storing snacks and more.
13. Magnetic Hooks – Did you know all cruise walls are magnetic? Therefore, magnetic hooks can help to organize and free up walking space in your stateroom.
14. Air Freshener – In addition to Disinfectant Spray, Air Freshener is also a good idea for your room too. After all, it is a small area, potpourri works as well.
15. Laundry Detergent – If you plan on doing any laundry on board, pack a travel sized Laundry Detergent.
16. Candy – Why bring Candy? To spread some pixie dust to awesome Crew Members. They truly appreciate the gesture and candy seems to be a favorite.
17. Fish Extenders Gifts – Participate in a fun swap with other cruise guests. Look on Did Boards for your cruise and sign up to participate. Create small gifts to hand out and buy or make something creative to collect your FE Gifts and hang on your room door.
18. Pirate Costume – For Pirate Night, exclusive to Disney Cruises is a night themed for Pirates and guests are encouraged to dress up. Save money by purchasing and packing your Pirate Costume before your trip. Enjoy a pirate themed dinner, Mickey’s Pirate Party (see Characters in their Pirate Attire) and more.
19. Binoculars – Are a fun extra to have to watch for Dolphins and more while cruising.
20. Old Room Key – Since many rooms lights & AC is controlled by the room key, bring a spare old room key (credit card style) and not have to take out the real room key each time.
When is your next Disney cruise?