With the introducing of the MyDisneyExperience app, cell phones are an even more vital part of your Disney vacation. It is important to make sure that your phone has enough battery to complete everything you need it to do to in a day.
The best option is to order a portable charger. Find one on Amazon that has a 4 star+ review rating and over 30 positive reviews.
If your phone has a removable battery, order an extra battery. Just make sure it is fully charged before your day in the parks.
Here are more tips on how to make your phone battery last:
- Make sure your phone and all of your apps are updated before your trip.
- Clean off all pictures, videos and music that you don’t need. This will make room for all the pictures you will be taking.
- Put your phone in airplane mode.
- Make sure all apps are closed.
- Delete any unnecessary apps.
- Turn off location services except for when needed by the MyDisneyExperience app.
- Turn off Bluetooth, WiFi and Data until needed.
- Turn off all push notifications.
- Dim your screen.
- Shut your phone off until you need it.
- If your phone has a low power mode, switch it on.
- Carry your charger with you in case you need to charge it. You can sometimes find available outlets.
- When dining, look for a table near an outlet. If you are at a Table Service restaurant, ask them if they can seat you near an outlet.
- Stay off Facebook. Only use your phone for a camera and the MyDisneyExperience app.
- Take a screenshot of your Fastpass+ schedule in MyDisneyExperience and use it as your lock screen. You won’t have to open your phone to check it throughout the day.
- If you have an iPad mini or other tablet, use it to check MyDisneyExperience in the parks.
- Stop by Guest Relations and ask them if they will charge your phone.
- If more than one person in your party has a cellphone, only use one phone at a time. Power off the others. When the first one runs down, move to the next phone.
- Wear a watch so you aren’t using your phone to check the time.
- Purchase the FuelRod in the parks.
Learn more about planning your Walt Disney World vacation. Plus overwhelmed with all the planning? Destinations in Florida can help you plan your perfect trip.