Disney’s Beach Club Resort reopens on May 30th, 2021 for guests. This resort is found in the EPCOT Resort area and is in the Deluxe Resort catagory. If you are considering a reservation here, learn more about Disney’s Beach Club Resort with these 5 surprising facts of Disney’s Beach Club Resort now!
1. While Disney’s Beach Club Resort is not considered a Skyliner Resort, this transportation option is easily accessible. Guests of Beach Club Resort can access the Disney Skyliner station at the International Gateway to EPCOT, just a quick walk away! The gondola transportation connects guests from EPCOT to Hollywood Studios and select Disney Resorts. Travel quickly to your destination with birds eye views of Disney World.
2. There is a life-size shipwreck & a 230ft long waterslide within the 3-acre water oasis at Disney’s Beach Club Resort. If your kids love a pool day, this resort will dazzle expectations of water recreation. Spend a day swimming in Stormalong Bay spanning 3-acres of pools, lagoons and of course – the life-size shipwreck with access to one of the tallest water slides at Disney World. Also enjoy the lazy river, whirlpool spas, tanning deck and 2 kiddie pools through out.
3. Guests of Beach Club Resort are welcome to use the Disney Beach Club Villas pool. If you prefer a tranquil area for swim & sun, consider one of the other 3 leisure pools guests are welcome to use including the pool in a private area at the Villas. The Dunes Cove pool at the Beach Club Villas is open to all guests of the Resort. Other pools include the Tidal pool in the garden area and the Admiral pool at Disney’s Yacht Club Resort. All pools are for guests of all ages and include steaming whirlpool spas.
4. Have ice-cream for lunch when you visit Beaches & Cream Soda Shop on site and order the Kitchen Sink. The Kitchen Sink is meant for sharing, with a serving size of 4 guests. It comes with 8 scoops of ice cream – Vanilla, Chocolate, Strawberry, Cookies and Cream, and Mint Chocolate Chips. Then your ice-cream is smothered in every topping they have! Also available Chocolate Lovers or Neapolitan. Also consider grabbing a Mickey’s Ice Cream bar with views of Stormalong Bay from Hurricane Hanna’s Waterside Bar & Grill.
5. There are 583 rooms at Disney’s Beach Club Resort, plus there are 282 Beach Club Villas. On the list of How Many Resort Rooms Are At Disney World Hotels?, you will see this puts Disney’s Beach Club on the lower end for overall Resort size. For instance, both All Star Movies and Disney’s Art of Animation have more than 1900 resort rooms. The more resort rooms generally means the more spread out the resort will be in terms of walking time to main pool, bus stops etc.
Also Read: 3 Disney World Resort Options For 5 Or More Guests
Learn more about the Walt Disney World Resorts and contact Destinations in Florida to help you book your perfect resort.