Castaway Cay is exclusive to Disney Cruise Line Guests. It is basically your own private island (shared with your closest fellow Disney Cruise Line guests). Before you visit, learn 5 things to know about Castaway Cay. This includes what is provided on the beaches for guests, add-on experiences to further explore the island and more.
1. Castaway Cay provides guests with private beaches. Castaway Family Beach is a beach in paradise to enjoy with your family. There are 3 bars on the family beach serving adult beverages and soft drinks. Enjoy a lunch buffet as well. Or visit the adults only beach, Serenity Bay. This stretch of beach is not often crowded and located about 1 mile away from the family beach area. Also, enjoy morning yoga on the beach at Serenity Bay, a lunch buffet and a beach bar. Visit either beach and find everything you need for a day in the sun. Beach chairs, umbrellas and towels are provided. Just bring your sunscreen.
2. Explore the Island. There are fun ways to explore the 1000-acre island of Castaway Cay. One option is to rent a bicycle at $13 per person for guests ages 3+. Enjoy a scenic bike ride around the island, at your own pace. Be sure to park your bike and check out the Observation Tower before continuing on your path. Standing at 40-feet tall, the observation gives breathtaking views of the island. Another way to get incredible views is Parasailing over Castaway Cay. The cost is $110 for ages 8+, reaching heights up to 800 ft for approximately 5-7 minutes. Explore under the water with a snorkel in the lagoon and more during the Castaway Ray’s Stingray Adventure ($45/$56pp).
3. Visit the floating water park. Find the floating platform named Pelican Plunge just a short swim from the shore of Castaway Cay. This 2,400 square foot structure contains 2 water slides (one enclosed and one open) and Fill Buckets sure to get you wet. Both kids and adults will enjoy taking a plunge.
4. Bring Your Camera. No Disney day is complete without a hug from a Disney Character and Castaway Cay is no exception. The island offers opportunities for meet & greets. Look for characters at the post office Mt. Rushmore and on the dock as you head back to the ship. Characters include Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Olaf and more (subject to change). Plus, characters will be in their island attire.
5. Don’t forget your Stateroom Key Card. Guests need their stateroom key card to depart and board ship. Plus it is use for purchases on the island, from family friendly frozen drinks to adult Bahamian drinks (21+). Guests can also make purchases at the shop She Sells Sea Shells…and Everything Else! Including exclusive Castaway Cay merchandise.
photo credit: Disney Parks Blog
Read more about Disney Cruises
Learn more about traveling to Walt Disney World and the perks of using a Disney Travel Agent.