If you are planning on a Disney Cruise, here are 5 things you need to know about Oceaneer Club:
1. Age Limits – The Oceaneer Club is for 3-12 year olds. The 3 year olds must be potty trained. If your child is special needs, at least 3 years of age and is not potty trained, they can visit Oceaneer Club but the Cast Members will require you to return ever so often to care for your child’s needs. If your child is 11 or 12, they are able to visit both the Oceaneer Club and Edge.
2. Kids band – When you check in for the cruise, your child will be issued a special MagicBand for Oceaneer Club. This band is NOT removable and they will need to wear it for the duration of the cruise. Your child will use it to check in and out of Oceaneers. It can also be used to located your child’s whereabouts.
3. Dinner – Dinner is served in Oceaneers if your child elects to eat it. Just check with the Cast Members as to what is on the menu that night.
4. Events – In addition to all the fun stationary activities in the club, they also have special events including crafts, dancing, cooking, science experiments and even special visits by characters.
5. Check in/Check out – Children are not allowed to check themselves out unless you give them special permission to do so. I believe the age to self check in/out starts at 10 years old. Parents that check out their children will be required to give a special code word that you set at registration.