I love Rope Drop (that is the moment the theme park opens in the morning) but I also understand that not everyone want to get up that early. Here are 5 tips for Guests that skip rope drop:
1. Stay late – If you can’t come early, stay late. The last hour the park is open is prime time for riding attractions with short waits.
2. Book Fastpass+ for early in your day – If you think you’ll get to the parks at 11 AM, book your Fastpasses for 10:30 – 11:30, 11:30 – 12:30 and 12:30 – 1:30. As soon as you visit your 3rd attraction, you’ll be able to get another Fastpass+ reservation. When you use that one, you can get another on and so on. Utilize the Fastpass+ option to ride as many attractions as possible with no wait.
3. Get in line just before the park closes – You can get in line for an attraction up to the time the park closes. So if the park closes at 9:00 PM, get in line for an attraction by 8:59 PM. You are guaranteed to get to ride no matter the wait time. And usually this late at night they are fibbing on the wait times to deter people from getting in line.
4. Eat Table-Service for lunch – If you are planning on a Table-Service meal, book it for lunch. I recommend around 2:00 PM. The restaurant won’t be as busy but the parks will be. This will give you a break from the crowds and the heat. Eat Quick-Service for dinner.
5. Skip the fireworks and the parade – The lines drop during the fireworks and parades and it is a great time to ride popular attractions with less wait. If you time it just right, you can still see the majority of the fireworks from the attraction itself. Seven Dwarfs Mine Train is a great attraction to ride during the fireworks.
Learn more about the Walt Disney World Parks including attractions, secrets, tips and more. Plus my friends at Destinations in Florida can help you plan your perfect Walt Disney World vacation.