Disney World is much more than just attractions and characters. There are many activities on Disney World property including these 5 to keep guests fit & active. Do you seek out additional exercise on your Disney World trip?
1. Fitness Centers
Most Disney Deluxe resorts contain a fitness center, which are Open 24/hours a day. They are complimentary for guests of that resort and accessed by a guests MagicBand. Learn which resorts contain a Fitness center below.
Complimentary for guests (age 14+) of:
- La Vida Health Club – guests of Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort
- Muscles & Bustles Health Club – guests of Disney’s Boardwalk Inn & Boardwalk Villas.
- Old Key West Exercise Room – for guests of Disney’s Old Key West Resort
- Olympiad Fitness Center – guests of Disney’s Contemporary Resort & Bay Lake Tower at Disney’s Contemporary Resort
- Senses – for guests of Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa & Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort
- Sturdy Branches Health Club – for guests of Disney’s Wilderness Lodge, Boulder Ridge Villas at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge and Copper Creek Villas & Cabins at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
- Survival of the Fittest Fitness Center – for guests of Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge
- Zahanati Massage & Fitness Center – for guests of Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge, Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas – Kidani Village and Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas – Jambo House
2. Running Trails
- Disney’s All Star Resorts – run a 1-mile paved jogging trail that connects Disney’s All Star Movies, Music and Sports resort.
- Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort – run a 0.75-mile trail circling Lago Dorado.
- Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort – run a 0.6-mile course with views of Barefoot Bay.
- Walt Disney World Swan Hotel & Walt Disney World Dolphin Hotel- run a 0.8-mile loop around Crescent Lake, longer routes also available.
- Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort – run a 2.5-mile path through Resort grounds or a 0.75-mile shaded fitness trail (and bike path).
- Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa & Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort – run a 1-mile trail connecting these resorts with views of Magic Kingdom.
- Disney’s Contemporary Resort – run a 0.9-mile paved jogging trail around Bay Lake Tower and more.
- Disney’s Port Orleans Resorts – run a 1.7-mile trail along the Sassagoula River.
- Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa – run a 1.44-mile or 0.8-mile trail alongside Disney’s Lake Buena Vista Golf Course.
- Disney’s Old Key West Resort – run a 1/37-mile long winding path.
- Disney’s Pop Century Resort – run along Hourglass Lake on a 1.1-mile or 1.38-mile course.
- Disney’s Art of Animation – run a 1.38 mile trail alongside Hourglass Lake.
- Disney’s BoardWalk Inn, Disney’s BoardWalk Villas, Disney’s Yacht Club Resort, Disney’s Beach Club Resort and Disney’s Beach Club Villas also feature jogging trails.
Disney World offers many recreation activities on property to keep you active and fit as well. Recreation options include: Basketball, Bike Rentals, Tennis and Volley Ball.
Swimming is excellent exercise for everyone. Take time to do some swimming. Every Walt Disney World Resort offers (at least) one pool for guests to enjoy cooling down in.
5. Walk The Parks
After all, walking around Disney’s 4 main parks are why many vacationers are at Disney World to begin with. However, this is also a great form of exercise, in addition to fun. The average Disney World goer walks 10/miles daily. This is enough exercise for some guests!
Walk around the lake of nations at the World Showcase in Epcot and you will have completed just over 1 mile.