If you are on the dining plan, you will receive credits valid for Quick Service meals in the parks. Here are the 7 best ways to utilize Quick Service credits at Walt Disney World.
1. Spend $16.79. To break even on the cost of the 2018 Disney Dining Plan, you need to spend $16.79 on an entree and beverage at the Quick Service restaurant. Beverages run $3.29 so look for an entree priced at least $13.50.
2. Dine before 11:30 AM or after 2 PM. Avoid the busiest times of the restaurants for lunch and dinner. While this won’t save you money, it will save you time and time is money at Disney.
3. Skip traditional foods. Instead of spending your credits on burgers and fries, use them to try different cuisines. In Magic Kingdom, Pecos Bill is a great choice. Animal Kingdom’s choice is Flame Tree Barbecue. For Epcot, try one of the Quick Service restaurants in the World Showcase. For Hollywood Studios, ABC Commissary has steak on the menu.
4. Split meals. The portions are large at Disney. You can split a Quick Service meal between two people and purchase an additional side to make the meal stretch.
5. Skip breakfast. Breakfast is not a good value for a Quick Service credit. Use a snack credit to get a pastry or pay for that meal out of pocket.
6. Plan out your meals. Instead of dining at the closest restaurant when you are hungry, plan out where you will eat ahead of time. Browse the menus to see if the cuisine is appealing. The best way to utilize your credits is to plan for them.
7. Eat before the parade, fireworks, etc. You’ll have to grab your seat ahead of time if you want a good view of the entertainment. Choose a seat near a Quick Service restaurant and eat your food while you wait.
You might also want to check out this post on the 4 best places to use Quick Service credits.
Learn more about Walt Disney World Dining and get suggestions for where to eat, how to use the Disney Dining Plan and more.