Not sure the perfect age to take your child to Disney World? The truth is, any age is perfect when it is right for you. However, today we are focusing on why Preschool is the perfect age for a first trip to Disney World. This is especially true if this will be a first trip and not an only trip. They may not remember all of it, but you will and they sure will have fun. Read 7 reasons to bring your preschooler to Disney World.
1. First Haircut
Did you know Disney World offers a My First Haircut package? Find this special package for a child’s first haircut at Harmony Barber Shop on Main St USA. For just $25 the package includes: Mickey Ears with embroidered “First Haircut”, a certificate, a lock of your child’s hair and a precious memory.
There are plenty of rides and attractions to enjoy with your little one at Disney World. Each park contains many attractions with no height requirement, meaning event the youngest in the group can ride. Read by park:
- 10+ Best Attractions At Epcot With No Height Requirement
- 7 Attractions Of Hollywood Studios With No Height Requirement
- 9 Best Attractions At Animal Kingdom With No Height Requirement
- 25 Attractions Of Magic Kingdom With No Height Requirement
3. Disney Junior
Disney Junior fans will love seeing their favorite characters in Disney Junior Dance Party! Then, meet with your favorite Disney Junior Characters such as: Sofia the First, Doc McStuffins and more at Hollywood Studios.
Plus, all Disney World Resorts hold Disney Jr. Pool Parties! Play “Sofia Says” and other interactive activities from favorite Disney Junior kids’ shows during this 22-minute party happening daily.
Epcot may not be thought of as the most kid-friendly park, however do not underestimate the entertainment value for children at Epcot’s World Showcase. Each of the 11 countries has a Kidcot Fun Stops where children can collect Stamps and color in a Duffy cutout. Plus, read 50 Tips & Activities For Kids At Epcot’s World Showcase.
Another reason to bring your preschooler? Young children love Animals and many animals call Disney World home. At Animal Kingdom, consider riding the Kilimanjaro Safaris where guests will see elephants, giraffes and more. Then, visit the Affection Section at Rafiki’s Planet Watch in Animal Kingdom. The Affection Section is a petting zoo within Animal Kingdom, guests can pet and brush animals such as Goats and Sheep.
At Epcot, see fish, turtles, sharks and more in a saltwater aquarium at Caribbean Coral Reef Aquarium.
Through out Disney World parks find entertainment that will memorize young audiences. This includes live shows and a parade!
- Finding Nemo – The Musical at Animal Kingdom
- Festival of the Lion King at Animal Kingdom
- Beauty and the Beast Live on Stage – Hollywood Studios
- Disney Festival of Fantasy Parade
Young children have a lot of energy, which is another reason why Disney World is perfect for preschoolers. There are plenty of opportunities for children to play at Disney World.
- Playgrounds at Disney World: The Boneyard at Animal Kingdom, Mission: Space play area at Epcot, Dumbo waiting area and a playground at the exit of Splash mountain at Magic Kingdom and at Disney World Resorts.
- Splashpads at Disney World: Find 2 at Epcot: outside Mission: SPACE or Innoventions, Casey Jr. Splash N Soak Station at Magic Kingdom and Disney Springs.
Pro Tip: Visit Disney World before they turn 3 and no park ticket is required. Children under the age of 3 are essentially free to enter Disney World Parks & Water Parks with their accompanying adult.
Learn more about the Walt Disney World Parks including attractions, secrets, tips and more. Plus my friends at Destinations in Florida can help you plan your perfect Walt Disney World vacation.