Walt Disney World Dolphin Hotel is located on Disney World property, however it is not actually owned by Disney! Instead, it is operated by Marriott Internationl Inc. This is the case for its sister resort, Walt Disney World Swan Hotel as well. Today, learn 7 Thoughts On Walt Disney World Dolphin Hotel to decide if this hotel is right for you!
1. The location is impeccable. Many past guests say this was one of their deciding factors to stay at the Dolphin Hotel. Guests are within a walking distance to both Epcot (10-15 min. to International Gateway) and Hollywood Studios (about 15 min.). Plus, when in operation, guests can also take a water taxi to both these Disney parks. Additionally this hotel is located in Disney’s BoardWalk area with additional shopping and dining a short walk away.
2. A downfall of staying here for kids, the theming is geared towards adults. Guests should not stay here expecting to see theming similar to other Disney Resorts. There are no character statues, Mickey posters etc. However this hotel does offer a contemporary and sophisticated feel, which does appeal to some. Plus, the lobby is breathtaking.
3. You get some Disney perks for staying here. Even though this Hotel is not owned by Disney, you can still enjoy some sweet perks. When in effect, guests can enjoy Extra Magic House, 60 day booking window for Fastpass+, advance tee times at Disney golf courses, an on-site Disney ticket desk, Character dining and complimentary delivery of purchases made in the theme park to your hotel. Plus, shop Disney merch in the gift shop!
4. However, there are some Disney perks not included. Disney’s continuous and complimentary transportation is NOT included when you stay here. Meaning no Disney busses to the parks and no Magical Express from the airport. However, the Dolphin Hotel does offer its own Complimentary Scheduled Transportation Throughout Disney (by Mears) One downside of this is guests heading to the magic Kingdom will be dropped off at TTC (and not the bus station of Disney busses). Additionally, guests will not receive Magic Bands for booking here.
5. The 3-acre pool area is incredible. This tropical paradise is shared between both the Dolphin and Swan hotels and is named the Grotto Pool. Guests will enjoy beautiful cascading waterfalls, rock caves, 4 whirlpools and a water slide! There is something for everyone in the family with 2 lap pools, a spring pool and a kiddie pool. Plus, enjoy poolside games with music by a DJ and visit the nearby Cabana Bar and Beach Club.
6. Walt Disney World’s Dolphin Hotel has rooms that can sleep up to 5 guests. This is a nice benefit for families/groups of 5. As long as you are OK with double beds, past guests have compared rooms at the Dolphin hotel to those of a Deluxe Disney Resort for its comfort.
7. You can earn and redeem Marriott’s rewards when staying here. Since this hotel is owned by Marriott, Marriott’s Rewards members can enjoy earning and redeeming points. Plus, check hotel sites such as Hotwire and Hotels (.com) to find lower room rates. Additionally, AAA members can check for discounts on food & merchandise.
Learn more about the Walt Disney World Resorts and contact Destinations in Florida to help you book your perfect resort.