By Amanda of Mouze Kateerz.com.
You have been saving money and clipping coupons for this Disney vacation for a while now. Chances are, you have spent a lot of money on accommodations and tickets, and you’ll drop a ton of money on food and souvenirs. The day you arrive at Disney, what do you do?
Driving or flying, most people won’t arrive at Disney World first thing in the morning, depending on the starting point. Unless you have season passes, you’ll be using tickets to enjoy your days at the theme parks. Since the majority of you traveling won’t arrive until afternoon, don’t waste those expensive tickets on a half-day. Here are some other ideas on how to better use your time and money.
1. Hang out at your resort pool and enjoy an afternoon of swimming and relaxing.
If surfing on an iPhone/iPad/computer is your type of relaxation, here are some web sites to help get you fired up for your next days of fun.
2. Head over to Downtown Disney for some Disney shopping or FREE window-shopping. This is a great time for kids to preview all the fabulous merchandise they’ll encounter in gift shops galore at the parks.
Now this ride doesn’t involve regular park tickets, but do you have the cost built into your budget?
3. Take a nap. This may seem somewhat boring, given you are now officially on vacation, but you’ll need all your energy for your upcoming days.
4. Take a drive around and see some sights. It’s definitely helpful to have a map or GPS so you know how to find your way back to your hotel.
This can help make your trip driving way easier – a whole list of Disney World Resort and theme park GPS addresses with a printable file.
5. Have a nice dinner with your traveling companions. Talk about your upcoming days and your expectations for the trip. Having a solid game plan can save you time and frustrations once you are standing on Main Street.
6. Take good look around your resort. If you are staying on Disney property, really look over all the architectural details, and be sure to spend some time in the gift shop. Never mind what the kids are doing: this is a good time for you to preview what souvenirs you will want to take home.
7. Go to bed and get a good night’s sleep, if you can with all the excitement running through your mind.
If you can’t sleep, this article could help you with your planning for the vacation.
8. If you have brought your camera, snap some pictures so you can enjoy the memories when you go back home.
Enjoy your vacation, keep clipping those coupons, and keep dreaming Disney!
You will also find her articles on Meet the Magic.com.