Here are 8 tips for staying at a Disney Resort that you need to know before your next visit.
1. Check-In – You can check-in online to save you time when you arrive at the resort. You can even do direct to room check-in where you never have to visit the front desk and your room number will be texted to you.
2. Check-Out – You do not have to check out of your Disney Resort room. They will email you a print out of your charges and check the room after the 11 AM check-out time.
3. Arrive whenever – The official check-in time starts at 4:00 PM, but you can arrive anytime between midnight – 4:00 PM. While your room might not be ready, you can go ahead and get your park tickets and dining credits if you are using the dining plan.
4. Wake-up call – Make sure you schedule a wake up call. It is usually Mickey Mouse although I have had Stitch before! You can also request a special call for the birthday guest.
5. Get more towels – If you are staying at a value, they usually have towels for the pool available at the front desk.
6. Pin trading – Most gift shops have a pin board with almost 100 pins on it. You are allowed to trade 2 pins per guest. Some shops only have it out during specific times. Other shops allow you to request to see the board.
7. Pressed Pennies – Each resort has a pressed penny machine where you can get one imprinted with your resort’s design. Great for the collectors!
8. Resort specific merchandise – The gift shop carries pins, magnets, cups, frames and other items that are specific to the resort.
What Disney Resort will you stay at next time?
Learn more about the Walt Disney World Resorts and contact Destinations in Florida to help you book your perfect resort.