Start saving on your dining out bill today with these 8 tips:
1. Check Newspaper Flyers for coupons for local restaurants. Kerri K says:
Subway coupons come in the newspaper flyers and they are actually better deals than Subway app!
2. Be mindful about what you order and look for larger entrees that can be split! Christine Y says:
We always share an entrée at restaurants. If we do get 2 we make sure it is something that can be good leftovers for lunch the next day.
3. Have car dates with sit down restaurant food. Jennifer S says:
I will order online for pick up, we go pick it up and eat in the car … no different than eating fast food in the car just better food !
A couple things we do to make it stretch or save money is if we are having a car date we get drinks at McD’s saving about $2-$3 per drink
I often order kids meals
I don’t necessarily always want a big meal so hubby orders a meal and I add on a couple extra sides like a baked potato and salad … add on sides to an entree are often at a discounted price
4. Don’t skip the apps/loyalty clubs. Jennifer S says:
Always sign up for your favorite places you eat loyalty club often you will get perks or discounts birthday freebies
Same as loyalty clubs sign up for emails … sales are often advertised this way … I get Ruby Tuesday bogo emails quite often
5. Look for special offer days. Jennifer S says:
Find out if the place you want to go offers happy hour or discounted days… locally we have a place that runs a blue plate type special where one meal a day is discounted… also O’Charleys has been offering their appetizer chicken strip nachos for $5 on Mondays, they are huge !
6. Look for bigger sized kids meals. Michelle B says:
My favorite way is to look for restaurants with kids meals that are nearly adult size. Our favorite is to order from Texas Roadhouse to go. If we are wanting more I’ll get an extra side, normally a baked potato.
Panera is another great kids meal restaurant.
7. Look for places with really big entrees and get takeout. Bree says:
For takeout – We choose places that have really big entrees. Cheesecake Factory, Lucille’s, Indian/Thai/Chinese often last us three days (if we buy an entree each).
8. Go for Tacos on Tuesday….literally! Leslie says:
Taco Tuesday at our local Mexican restaurant with two tacos each and two sides to share is just under $12 for two people.