Coffee filters are relatively expensive for a large amount of them. Consider these alternative uses for coffee filters around your home to save money and time!
1. Cleaning glass & chrome. Coffee filters are streak free, making them great cleaning mirrors and windows.
2. Cooking fried foods. Instead of using a paper towel, use coffee filters to absorb grease when cooking fried foods. Such as for bacon or chicken fingers.
3. Strainer. You can then use a coffee filter as a strainer to save frying oil! This same method can be used for straining soup stock.
4. Coffee Filter crafts. A simple google or Pinterest search will get you many ideas for crafting with coffee filters. Perfect for frugal craft ideas with the kids.
5. Microwave cover. Use a coffee filter to cover a bowl when reheating splatter hazards in the microwave.
6. Storing China. Place a coffee filter in between China plates when storing, to prevent damage.
7. Christmas Ornaments. Give your ornaments an extra layer of protection with coffee filters as a wrap.
8. Polish Remover. Ran out of cotton balls? Give a coffee filter a try next time to remove nail polish.
9. Preserve Cast Iron. Place a filter inside your cast iron pans to prevent rust and absorb moisture.
Do you have any to add to this list?!
Learn more Money Savings Tips! We are here to help you Save to Survive in 2022 with creative ways to trim your budget, save on groceries, afford Christmas gifts and more. Join the SavEars community of friends.
Want to chat about a Disney vacation? Travel Agents (at no cost to you) are ready to help in the SavEars group.