Hey guys. I had a few minutes and wanted to post a few notes:
- While we are staying on a DVC reservation, we are not staying in a DVC room. You can pay to have your points converted to ‘cash’ to use at any resort. Which is what the AMAZING reader did for us. We are in a regular cabin at Fort Wilderness which is why we have Mousekeeping everyday. DVC rooms do not get Mousekeeping everyday.
- We tip Mousekeeping $5 a day. I read that it is etiquette to tip $1 per person plus $1 extra. I like knowing that I am making someone’s day while I am at the parks. They do an AMAZING job cleaning our cabin.
- Jacob gets up at 5 am every single morning no matter what. If he goes to bed at midnight, he’s up at 5 am. Little booger.
- We checked Touringplans.com for the crowd levels. They were sooooooooo wrong about yesterday. But it’s fine. We changed our expectations and had a great time. I am reverting back to my plans I make when we go in May. Crowds were not as heavy as our first 2 trips, so following one of those original touring plans should be a breeze.
- We are going to the Magic Kingdom again Wednesday and Thursday. We want to see the Electrical Parade Thursday night. We were going to see it on Saturday but since the marathon is this weekend and Touring Plans was soooooooooooo off about yesterday’s crowd, we decided they will likely be off all week so I am going with my gut instead.
- Friday is Hollywood Studios (lunch at Sci Fi Dining) and Saturday is Animal Kingdom (breakfast at Tusker House. Just booked that reservation last night!)
- No we do not have the dining plan. I plan to post a lengthy post about that decision next week but basically I did the math and it was not the best option for us. It has been cheaper for us so far this trip to just pay for the meals out of pocket. We do not eat as much food as they give you on the dining plan. We were not eligible for the free dining promo they are running right now since we have a DVC reservation. :D
- The double stroller the kids are riding in is a rental from Touring Park Strollers. Emily was too large for our double umbrella so I gave it away last year. However with her just having her appendix out in November, I didn’t want her walking too much. So I looked into renting a stroller. Disney strollers are $31 a day! But I found this rental for about $120 for the week. However, I used my clout as a blogger and got it for FREE in exchange for review and advertising. Go me! I am so thrilled with this stroller. It is like the Cadillac of strollers.
- The weather is amazing. It is so comfortable that I have been wearing shorts to the park with a light jacket in the morning that I shed about 9:30. The weather is sooooooooo much better than when we have been here before.
- I have a WordPress App that I use to blog from the parks. The whole post takes about 5 minutes (from taking the pics, resizing them, writing the post and waiting for it to publish) and I either do it while I am walking behind my hubby to another ride or while we are standing in line. But my little boogers keep taking my phone over to watch tv shows I had added to iTunes before we left.
- We are having a great time. We have had a few meltdowns but that is just to be expected. Both kids can not do the thing they want to do at the same time. It just isn’t possible. As parents we just try to take a step back and try not to get stressed as we settle the kids back down.
- We are loving Fort Wilderness. It is so beautiful and peaceful. And since it is an older resort, it has close boat docks and bus stops. At the end of a day in the parks, that really matters!
- And yes I walk around the parks grinning to myself because I know I have 1000s of people waiting to hear about what we are doing in the park. I LOVE being a blogger. I always wanted to be popular in high school and this totally trumps that. I love you all so much! You make my life better. Seriously. I don’t know what I would do without all of you some days. I am so so so thankful that I decided to start a blog and I can form these friendships with all of you. You have all been there to help me through some tough trials over the past 6 months and I am forever grateful. :)
Gotta go wake up the hubby now to get ready to head to the Magic Kingdom! I want to run to the store this morning before we go and get me some inserts for my shoes. My feet are killing me!