For those not lucky enough to live within driving distance to Disney, flights will be a major cost of your vacation. Choosing your airport and airline is no small decision. Learn some things to consider when choosing your airport and the pros and cons of Southwest Airlines versus American Airlines.
Factors To Consider When Choosing Your Airport
Flying out of the closest airport may seem logical, however it is not always the best choice. Consider other nearby airports in your area as well. Things to consider include: size of airport and cost of parking. If you are driving your vehicle there and leaving it while on vacation, find out how much daily parking is. Rates may be lower at smaller airports, not to mention smaller airports can be easier to navigate and less overwhelming in general. These are factors to keep in mind when considering an airport to fly out of!
Perks Of Southwest:
- Free Wi-Fi
- First 2 bags checked FREE
- No Change fees charged
- Credit if your flight price drops (you are responsible for checking)
- Excellent Customer Service from flight attendants
- Low flight cancellation rate
- 32″ of legroom per seat
Downsides Of Southwest:
- No Meal Service
- No Reserved Seating
- No direct coast-to-coast flights
- No first-class or business class seats
Perks Of American Airlines:
- First Class & Business Class seats offered
- Cheaper prices (compared to Southwest)
- Choose your seat
Downsides Of American Airlines:
- Complaints of cancellations or delays (compared to Southwest)
- Complaints of lost baggage
- Complaints of poor Customer Service
- Only 30″ of legroom per seat
- Bag fees apply (except for elite status)
Which one should I choose?
After researching both airlines and reading various reviews and statistics, I would choose Southwest Airlines every time! Which would you choose?