If you are a member of the The SavEars than you have probably heard us mention buying Disney gift cards for a Disney vacation.
Why You Should Buy Disney Gift Cards
There are various reasons why we use Disney Gift Cards to save up, versus cash. First, Disney Gift Cards are almost as good as cash at Disney World, being able to use them virtually everywhere (exceptions include parade card and balloon vendors). Plus, Disney gift cards never expire and have no associated fees. Additionally, having your Disney money on a gift card ensures it is saved for Disney and not spent elsewhere.
15 Uses for your Disney Gift Card:
- To Pay for your Disney World Resort stay
- To Pay for your Disneyland Resort stay
- To Pay for Admission with Theme Park Tickets
- To buy Annual Passes
- To have Spa Experiences, such as at Senses
- To buy merchandise at Shopping Locations
- To pay for Dining, from snacks to quick service & table-service
- To pay for Recreation opportunities
- Throughout Disney Springs
- To pay for your Disney Cruise Line reservation & on board during your cruise
- To pay for your Adventures by Disney reservation
- To shop merchandise at Disney Stores & ShopDisney
- To shop discount merchandise at Disney Outlet Stores
- To pay for nights at Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa and select locations on-site during your stay
- To pay for your room during your Disney Beach Resorts stay, at Disney’s Hilton Head Island Resort (South Carolina) or Disney’s Vero Beach Resort (Florida)
Best Deals On Disney Gift Cards
- Warehouse Clubs such as BJ’s and Sam’s Club sell discounted Disney Gift Cards, for members. Shoppers can typically save 4% off face value on Disney Gift cards. However, the membership fee must be factored in as well. BJ’s offers an online only membership for just $10 yearly. This could be worth it, if you plan to use for more than just buying Disney Gift Cards. If you already have a membership to either, start using this to save now! Examples of pricing below (both offer additional denominations as well and can change). Look for promotions, earning as much as 8% off select times a year. Otherwise savings are typically at 4% off.
- Raise is a website offering discounted gift cards, including Disney! The savings are not as good as the Warehouse Clubs 4% off, most of the time. Set an alert to be notified when new Disney gift cards are added to the site and you may get lucky. However, if you have never purchased on Raise before, you can get $10 off your first purchase of a discounted Disney Gift Card (minimum $100 order). This is a great pay to get paid $10 for purchasing a Disney gift card right now!
- Target remains one of the best savings for buying Discounted Disney gift cards with its 5% off Redcard savings. Large purchases can cause more headache than its worth, keep daily purchasing limit to $500 and you shouldn’t have any issues. Order a Disney eGift Card online and there is no worry about the physical card getting lost in the mail! (and still get your 5% off, with your Target red card on file). You can no longer use a Target gift card to purchase a Disney Gift card (boo).
- Look for offers on your current credit cards to stack the savings and save a higher percentage off Disney gift cards. For example, Discover and Chase Freedom cards will give 5% cash back at Warehouse Clubs for a quarter select times a year. During this time, buy discounted gift cards at Warehouse Clubs and double your savings!
- Look for gift card offers at drug and grocery stores. Rite Aid has run promos for their rewards points when you buy a $50 Disney gift card. Select grocery stores will also fun specials, such as Kroger’s 4x fuel sale.
- Earn Free Disney Gift Cards for your next Disney vacation. Every bit you can earn is less you will have to pay out of pocket! Learn 6 Ways To Get Free Disney Gift Cards
Learn more tips and tricks for your next Walt Disney World vacation. Destinations in Florida can also help you add tips and tricks to your next vacation.