By Amanda, Disney’s Cheapskate Princess.
The fanny pack is a fashion statement that has struck fear into the heart of Disney fashionsitas for years. For anybody hiding out under a Prada rock, a fanny pack is a small fabric pouch secured with a zipper and worn with a strap around the hips or waist. The name “fanny pack” was derived from the fact that these bags were traditionally worn facing the rear above the “fanny.” Yet despite this highly amusing name, many people do not wear fanny packs on their actual rear because they are easier to pick pocket and much harder to access.
When you head off to Disney for your vacation, do you use a traditional bag or backpack, or do you opt for the fanny pack? Here are some reasons for both.
Reasons to use a fanny pack.
1. They are smaller than regular bags.
2. While many a shoulder has been pained by a backpack, fanny packs don’t create the same strain on the shoulders, the main reason being, they are restin’ on your fanny or thereabouts.
3. With your bag around your waist, you have you arms more free to push little Mickey in a stroller, get in and out of rides a bit easier, hold onto monorail poles a bit easier, etc.
4. On rides where bulky backpacks are not allowed, you will pass through with no problem.
Reasons you should stick to a traditional backpack.
1. I will stop short of calling them ugly. I will simply say that you will not see Rianna or Lady GaGaga rocking a fanny pack on any red carpet. I have yet to see a Dooney & Bourke fanny pack featured prominently in anyDisney gift shop, but I wait with curious fascination to be corrected. The photo below offers an example of current styles, and you can make your own judgement of fashion worthy-ness. These fanny packs are available at tillys.com for $12.99 before shipping.
2. You cannot carry as many items in a fanny pack due to their smaller nature.
Why am I not carrying a fanny pack? Because Dooney &Bourke don’t currently have one available, and I personally am holding out for style over substance. Plus as small as fanny packs are, this may be the only Disney Dooney I can actually ever afford.
Style over substance, size and comfort over fashionista superstar status…what do you wear to Disney to haul your stuff in?
How about a Disney Dooney & Bourke handbag to haul your vacation necessities? Have you checked out the prices on those babies lately? Check out these new styles and c.r.a.z.y. prices!
Thanks for stopping by Couponing to Disney for a journey down fashion lane. Keep clipping those coupons and dreaming Disney!
Disney’s Cheapskate Princess