We have seen people and retailers step up in amazing ways to help customers and each other in the past few weeks. Some nationwide companies offering other services, like banking and utilities, are also stepping up to try to make things just a little easier for everyone.
Offering the option to defer mortgage and/or auto payments for up to 120 days. You will still accrue interest will still accrue, but you will not be held responsible for late fees. You will need to call or go online.
For the next 60 days, AT&T has announced the following for customers:
- They will not terminate the service of any wireless, home phone, or broadband residential or small business customer because of their inability to pay their bill due to disruptions caused by the current situation, and will waive any late payment fees that any wireless, home phone or broadband residential or small business customer may incur because of economic hardship related to the current situation.
- Keep their public Wi-Fi hotspots open for any American who needs them.
- Offering new Access from AT&T customers two months of free service.
- Suspending broadband usage caps for home internet customers. That means no overage fees while people are home using more data.
Capital One may allow eligible cardholders facing hardship to skip payments without accruing interest. Capital One encourages customers to contact them to discuss solutions.
For the next 60 days, CenturyLink has committed to waive late fees and to not terminate a residential or small business customer’s service due to financial circumstances associated with COVID-19. They are also suspending data usage limits for consumer customers during this time period due to COVID-19.
Effective Monday, March 9, 2020 for an initial thirty days, contact Citi for assistance that may be available to you:
For Retail Bank Customers: Fee waivers on monthly service fees; waived penalties for early CD withdrawal
For Retail Bank Small Business Customers: Fee waivers on monthly service fees and remote deposit capture; waived penalties for early CD withdrawal; Bankers available after hours and on weekends for support
In addition, there is a range of existing assistance programs, including:
For eligible Credit Card Customers: Credit line increases and collection forbearance programs
For eligible Mortgage Customers: A range of hardship programs through our service provider, Cenlar FSB. Please contact them at 1-800-2CENLAR (1-800-223-6527) Monday-Friday 8:30am – 8pm ET and Saturday 8:30am – 5pm ET
All late fees will be waived for Comcast customers and all customers will receive unlimited data (for no extra charge) through May 13th. Xfinity WiFi hotspost will be available to anyone who needs them for free, whether you are a customers or not. New customers are eligible to receive 2 months of service for free.
- A $19.99 offer for new Starter internet customers with a temporary boost up to 50 Mbps download speeds, no annual contract or qualifications to help low income and those impacted from Coronavirus challenges, like seniors and college students.
- Eliminating data usage overages beginning today to meet the higher bandwidth demands. Customers with a 500 GB or Unlimited data usage add-on plan will receive credits.
- Increased internet speeds for residential packages
- Not terminating service to any residential or small business customer because of an inability to pay their bills due to disruptions caused by the coronavirus pandemic.
- Waiving any late fees that residential or small business customers incur because of their economic circumstances related to the coronavirus pandemic.
- Opening Cox Wifi outdoor hotspots to help keep the public connected in this time of need.
Expensify is redirecting charitable funds to Expensify.org/hunger, which will match SNAP grocery purchases for those who depend on SNAP benefits, helping them to assist these families in preparations for these trying times.
Ford Credit is encouraging customers in the U.S. impacted by COVID-19 to contact the company to discuss potential delay of payments to provide relief. Additionally, Ford Credit is offering a program giving customers who buy new vehicles the option to delay their first payment for 90 days.
- We are making OnStar Crisis Assist services available to current vehicle owners for a limited time, which includes:
- Access to specially trained OnStar Advisors who are ready to help 24/7 during emergencies and other unexpected situations.
- Special routing assistance, including to hospitals or clinics.
- Connecting to family members, Emergency Medical Dispatch and First Responders.
- To help stay connected, we are offering complimentary in-vehicle data for all our Wi-Fi equipped vehicle owners for a limited time. With an allotment of three gigabytes of data for three months (whichever comes first), customers may:
- Connect to their work or classroom remotely while within 50 yards of the vehicle.
- Stay connected with family members or others in need while traveling within the vehicle.
- Be assured that our OnStar Advisors are ready to help. To keep them in touch with the latest information, our central 24/7 Command Center is connected to numerous entities, including the CDC, FEMA, DHS and our public safety professional associations.
- For those who need a new car, truck or SUV, we’re offering interest-free APR financing for an unprecedented 84 months1 for very well-qualified buyers on more than 40 select 2020 and 2019 Chevrolet, Buick and GMC models. Those customers can also defer monthly payments for 120 days2, when financed with GM Financial. We’re also offering standard rates as low as 2.79%.
- For our existing customers, if affected by COVID-19, we ask that they please contact us to discuss and review their personalized options. GM Financial customers in need of help are encouraged to text INFO to 53721, message us through the GM Financial mobile app, or contact the GM Financial Customer Experience team at 1-800-284-2271.
- For our existing business customers who are impacted by COVID-19, we ask that they text INFO to 53721 or call the GM Financial Business Customer Experience team at 1-855-501-5563.
Hyundai will make up to six months of payments for new owners who lose their jobs and have purchased or leased their vehicle between March 14 to April 30, 2020 through Hyundai Capital. Additionally, for select new purchases through April 30 financed by Hyundai Capital, Hyundai is deferring payments for 90 days at the customer’s request.
Internal Revenue Service (IRS):
The IRS is delaying the April 15th tax deadline, allowing Americans to defer up to $1 million in payments to the IRS until July 15th, 2020.
For the next 60 days, Spectrum Mobile won’t terminate service for residential or small business customers who face difficult economic circumstances related to COVID-19. They will not charge late fees for customers facing difficult financial circumstances related to the pandemic and plan to open their WiFi hotspots across their footprint for public use.
Effective March 18th, Sprint is providing unlimited data for 60 days to customers with metered data plans, giving 20 GB of free mobile hotspot to customers with hotspot capable devices, and offering complimentary rates from the U.S. to CDC-defined Level 3 countries to customers with international long-distance plans (effective 3/17). All orders on sprint.com will get free next-day shipping and waived activation fees.
- ALL current T-Mobile and Metro by T-Mobile customers who have plans with data will have unlimited smartphone data for the next 60 days (excluding roaming).
- Providing T-Mobile and Metro by T-Mobile customers an additional 20GB of mobile hotspot / tethering service for the next 60 days – coming soon.
- Working with Lifeline partners to provide customers extra free data up to 5GB of data per month over the next two months.
- Increasing the data allowance for free to schools and students using our EmpowerED digital learning programs to ensure each participant has access to at least 20GB of data per month for the next 60 days.
Verizon is waiving late fees for residential and small business customers impacted by COVID-19. They’re also offering FREE international calling to CDC level 3 impacted countries through the end of April. Verizon will also waive activation fees on new lines of service and upgrade fees starting March 18. This applies to all purchases and service-only activations made through Verizon digital channels, such as their website and the My Verizon app.