Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin in Magic Kingdom is a shooting-gallery game that puts you in the battle to defeat Zurg. Using the cannon on board the XP-37 star cruiser, take aim at the “Z” targets. Some targets are worth more points than others, so make each shot count!
Length of Ride: 4.5 minutes
Height Requirement: None
Scare Factor: There are some darker scenes
Rider Switch (for small kids): Yes
Weather Procedure: Indoors
Ride Photo: Yes
Flash Photography: You will be too busy shooting to take photos
Queue: Pass by an interactive Buzz that tells you about your mission.
Extra Magic Hours: Open for both morning and evening hours.
When to Ride: First thing in the morning or with Fastpass+
Our Touring Strategy: We always use a Fastpass for this ride.
- Get a button/sticker at the Photopass counter when you reach 999,999 on Buzz.
- Don’t miss the photo opportunity with Zurg in the gift shop.
- Hold the button down the whole time.
- Aim for the center of the “Z’s” (targets).
- The targets that are further away and those that are moving are worth more points.
- Hit the top of the volcano for 100,000 points.
- After passing the “Rock ‘Em, Sock ‘Em Robots” pivot your car around and see if you can hit the target on the back of the robot’s wrist for 100,000 points.
- Look for the spider after the robots and see if you can shoot it.
- In the room where the targets are projected, don’t stop shooting.
- Try hitting the batteries in the front to knock them down and rack up points.
- Hit the Z on the palm of the left hand of the big robot.
- Aim for the targets on bottom of Zurg’s Ship.
The kids would also enjoy Barnstormer in the Magic Kingdom.
Learn more about the Walt Disney World Parks including attractions, secrets, tips and more. Plus my friends at Destinations in Florida can help you plan your perfect Walt Disney World vacation.