The China Pavilion in Epcot is one of the 11 countries around the World Showcase. It is located between Norway and Germany and it is the 3rd country you come to when you tour the World Showcase clockwise. When you enter China, you pass under “The Gate of the Golden Sun” which is a replica of the summer palace of Beijing.
Eating in China:
- Lotus Blossom Cafe – quick service restaurant that serves American-Chinese dishes.
- Nine Dragons – table service restaurant that serves traditional Chinese cuisine.
- Joy of Tea – serves Chinese tea and other treats.
Eating around the World Showcase: Be sure to get an egg roll at Lotus Blossom Cafe or tea from Joy of Tea.
Fun in China:
- The Kidcot Station is located in the Yong Feng Shangidan Store.
- There is a meet and greet with Mulan. Check the Times Guide for accurate meet times.
- There is a mission with Agent P in China.
- Don’t miss Dragon Legend Acrobats, they are amazing! Check the Times Guide for accurate show times.
- The movie The Wonders of China is 12:30 long and you must stand for the movie. It is located in the Hall of Prayer for Good Harvest.
- Ni hao is Chinese for hello.
- The Terracotta Army is located to the right of the temple in the Tomb Warriors exhibit. It is a replica of an army dating from 210 BC.
- Visit the gardens at night when they are lit by a lantern.
- If you buy a fan, they will write your name in Chinese on the fan for free!
- Look for the plaques around China that detail names and information of the buildings.
- The pathways narrow to give the feeling of the crowded streets of China.
- The temple is a replica of the Temple of Heaven which is located in Beijing.
- Inside the temple are 12 outer columns that represent the 12 months of the year. The 4 columns near the center of the room represent the 4 seasons. These columns support a beam that represents Earth. The round bean atop the Earth beam represents Heaven.
- Inside the temple there is a mark in the center of the room. Stand on that mark and speak. You will you yourself echo back!
Check out the facts on the Norway Pavilion in Epcot.