You hear me use the term “found money” a lot. But what exactly is found money?
- Found money is money you literally found. Like a quarter on the ground or a dollar in the dryer.
- Found money is money you didn’t know you were going to receive – like a refund check, a gift, etc.
- Found money is a discount you were given when you expected to pay full price (the difference goes into the fund).
- Found money is the difference between what you budgeted for and what you actually paid .
- Found money is money you intended to spend and resisted. (If you were headed out the door to spend $3 on a coffee and resisted at the last minute, you could put that $3 in the fund because it would of been spent!)
- Found money is money you received for returning an item you bought with the previous week’s budget
I could go on and on and on. Found money is anything that you want it to be!