Here’s a great cruise post from my reader Jessica…
What does Disney have that the others don’t; well there are many things you get with Disney that no other ship can offer.
1. Characters, Characters, Characters…..They are on the ship at different times every day from sun up to later in the evening.
2. 3 wonderful Disney themed restaurants. Animators Palate (Kids favorite of them all and I love it the best as well), Enchanted Garden (and Enchanted it is), Royal Palace (the name says it all).
3. The best food I have ever had and I have tasted food from a lot of places all over the US and several foreign countries. You get top notch service and will definitely have something for
everyone in your group to eat and never leave dinner hungry.
4. Well what about breakfast and Lunch. They offer casual dining in Cabanas for both meals with the same yummy food via a longggggg buffet or for Breakfast you can do sit down meals at
either Enchanted Garden or Royal Palace. There is also a Mator themed outdoor counter service where you can get hamburgers, pizza, sandwiches, fruit and whatever the daily special is.
5. They have Nemo’s reef for the little one and it’s so much fun, a Mickey Mouse pool for the older children and a larger pool for all ages all on a deck that has a huge screen that they show movies on during the day and evening.
6. The coolest thing is on both of these ships they have the infamous Aqua duck and it is so much fun. It’s not scary yet it has a few small drops and turns. You sit in a raft and off you go on a trip around the ships top deck over the edge and a chance to see the vast ocean below or if at port a great 360 view of the destination you are at. For all those that don’t meet the height
requirement you will find a fun Yellow Mickey slide that is actually faster than the Aqua duck.
7. Child programs for children of all ages from the Nursery ages 4 months -3 years old, kids clubs for ages 3-12 (must be potty trained), and several clubs for ages 12 and up.
8. There are many adult spots on the ship as well. You have quite a few bars, a dance club, and even an adult only pool and coffee lounge. They are awesome games and different themes
9. If you choose to stay on board the ship when docked we do both. You will have shorter lines and more opportunities to get on that Aqua duck or Mickey slide with little wait.
10. The great thing about both ships is they have non swimming stuff too. The Dream and Fantasy have a basketball court and a mini putt putt golf and also an arcade and virtual game room (the
arcade and game room are extra).
11. The Fantasy also has an older child version of the Nemo’s Reef on the deck below the Basketball and putt putt golf upper deck. Its Donald Duck themed (be careful the water is really cold on this one).
12. Let’s also not forget that there is a teen’s only area pool (I didn’t check this out since we have small children but I guarantee you it won’t let you down). The teens also have several night spots just for them.
If you are looking for a unique and once in a lifetime cruise the Disney ships won’t let you down and memories that will last a life time.
From the premiers of new Disney owned movies (we got to see Avengers on opening night), to shopping on board, the spa, hair salon or even an art gallery. In my opinion this is the best vacation we have been on and I will return even when the kids grow up and move out. What are you waiting for book that dream cruise and say hey to Mickey and Minnie for me.
Sincerely another Disney fan Jessica