Looking for Orlando, Florida Area Hotels Near Walt Disney World? I recently posted the top 10 reasons to stay off site, but it can be hard to choose which off site resort to stay. So if you have stayed off site, please add a review to this post.
Review by me…
We were only here for one night before we checked in at Ft. Wilderness, so I didn’t spend that much time at the resort. The room we got was huge though and it had a full kitchen and a sofa bed for the kids. The grounds were huge and it was just outside the gates to Disney World. We liked it and we wouldn’t be against staying here again.
Review by Michelle …
- Why did you choose this resort? We chose this resort because it seemed like the best value for our money. We stayed for $99 per night, received every fourth night free (we stayed for 9 nights total), and two free adult breakfast buffets every morning. Can’t beat that!
- What were the hotel rooms like? Were they big enough for your family? Did you find them to be acceptable? The rooms were very nice. They were huge for just the two of us and would fit a family of four comfortably. The bathroom was enormous. Plenty of room for everyone to get ready in the morning. The best part? We had a jet-tub. Nothing better after a long day of walking all around Disney!
- What were the amenities of the hotel like? What was your favorite one? We didn’t spend all that much time in the hotel (except to sleep). That’s one of the reasons we were looking for the best deal. We would much rather spend the money doing things out in Disney than on the hotel. There was a good size pool and a game room. The hotel had all the amenities you’d expect from a full-service hotel. The staff was very helpful and friendly.
- What was the food court like? Any favorite foods? No food court, but there are a few restaurants. We only ate in one (for our free breakfast buffets) and it was delicious! The waffles and fresh fruit were great.
- How were the resort buses? What was your walk to the bus stop like? How were the resorts bus stops at the parks? How far was the walk to the gates? How crowded were the buses at any given time? The buses were wonderful. We never had to wait more than 5-10 minutes for a bus to come. There were always plenty of seats (sometimes only one or two other families). The bus stop was right at the front entrance of the hotel (so much more convenient than the treks you have to make at the Disney value resorts). The bus stops at the parks were right next to the Disney bus stops. Further than the monorail, but definitely closer than parking! Speaking of, you definitely do NOT need to rent a car when staying at one of the Downtown Disney properties. We did and only used it a few times…to drive to/from the airport, to go to Disney’s mini golf (awesome!) and to go to a few dinners at Disney resorts (free parking if you’re going to eat on property).
- Would you stay at this hotel again? If not, please provide a reason. I would absolutely stay at this hotel again. If you want to extend the “Disney” experience throughout your vacation this may not be the place for you. It’s not themed and aside from the gift shop you wouldn’t know you were in Disneyworld. However, you just can’t beat the value. It’s a much nicer hotel than the value Disney properties and can cost less!
Review by Linda…
Why did you choose this resort? My brother and sister-in law recommended the Buena Vista Palace. They were looking for a nice place to have a wedding for their daughter as well as nice accommodations for family and friends that would be attending – we were not disappointed. The resort offered a very reasonable discounted rate for our group too.
What were the resort rooms like? Were they big enough for your family? Did you find them to be acceptable? Our rooms were very comfortable with 2 queen-sized beds, plus a sitting area. The bath faciilities were nice also. We also had a balcony that overlooked the property.
What were the amenities of the resort like? What was your favorite one? The pools were great! There is a gameroom for the kids and walking paths throughout the property. Also, the hotel is within walking distance to Downtown Disney.> * What was the food court like? Any favorite foods? We had breakfast everyday at the hotel. You have the option of a buffet (definitely worth it) that offered a wide selection of breads, cereals, fresh fruit, eggs, potatoes, freshly-made waffles and omelets of your choice. On Sunday morning we enjoyed the company of the Disney characters – Minnie, Pluto and Goofy. The onsight restaurant was enjoyable though a little pricey if traveling with a family. It offered a nice variety of entrees including fish, meat, poultry and pasta.
What were the buses like? The bus stops right in front of the resort – you can’t go wrong with that. And, we were dropped off right in front of the Magic Kingdom entrance. The buses were never overcrowded. Overeall I would say convenient and pleasant.
Would you stay at this resort again? If not, please provide a reason. I would definitely stay at this resort again an would gladly recommend it as well.
Review by Nicole…
My husband and I stayed at Best Western Lake Buena Vista in March 2007 on our first trip to Disney World. We were looking for a hotel in the Downtown Disney area that had buses running regularly to and from the parks. Some hotels we looked at offered buses, but they only ran a couple of times at park opening and closing. With this hotel, the buses ran all day, and the longest we ever waited was about 30 minutes. At the parks, the bus stops were one of the first for off-site hotels, but it was still a pretty good walk from the gates. We found the rooms to be very clean, comfortable, and fairly large for the 2 of us. We had a king bed with a separate sitting area, a small table and chairs, and a decent sized balcony. We requested a higher floor, so we had a good view of the pool, some landscaping, and the lake. Off the main lobby, there was a small gift shop, a restaurant, a separate bar with a poolside window, and an express grab-and-go style market. We never ate at the actual restaurant, but we did get things from the grab-and-go market many times to take up to our room. The food there was nothing spectacular, but it served its purpose and was available later at night. The bar was decent but over-priced, as most hotel bars are. The staff was very friendly, and the décor and Caribbean style music gave the hotel a very upbeat atmosphere. Overall, the hotel was very clean although a little dated. (From what I understand, they have since undergone a complete remodel, so I’m sure this is no longer the case.) The only downside we saw was that the buses were shared with a few other hotels, so the rides were a little long and sometimes crowded. This didn’t bother us, but I could see where it may be bothersome to others. If we decided to stay off-site again, we would definitely consider this hotel for its location, room-size, and overall atmosphere.