Here are the top 10 Reasons To Stay At A Walt Disney World Resort.
We are on-site snobs (that is not a term I invented). We’ve only stayed on-site and there is a great chance we will only ever stay on-site at Disney. To us part of the magic is never leaving Disney property. Now that isn’t for every family and I definitely am not snubbing staying off-site, but there are a lot of benefits to staying on property that you need to factor in before make the decision that is best for your family.
1. You do not have to pay a fee for parking. Parking is $20 a day for everyone expect Walt Disney World Resort guests or annual pass holders. So when considering staying off site, remember to factor in the $20 you will pay for parking each day.
2. You get complimentary Disney transportation. You can take busses, boats and the monorail to and from each of the parks. Once you arrive at your resort, you could technically never use your car for the duration of your trip!
3. If you are flying, Disney will pick you up at the airport (free of charge) and shuttle you to your Disney resort. Once at the resort, you can use their transportation to get around and you wouldn’t need to rent a car. (Referred to as the Magical Express.)
4. You get extended theme park hours. Every day a theme park opens either an hour early or stays open 2 hours later. Only resort guests are allowed on the rides. (Disney refers to this to as Extra Magic Hours.)
5. Staying at a Disney resort qualifies you for the Dining plan. If you aren’t on property, you aren’t eligible.
6. When staying at Disney World, you receive a Magic Band. This Magic Band gets you into your hotel room, gets you into the parks, gets your FASTPASSES (Fastpasses are available to everyone), gets you onto rides during Extended Magic Hours, allows you to charge items (just like a credit card) back to your room and is used to pay for meals when using the Disney Dining Plan.
7. If you buy anything at Disney in any of the parks, other resorts, Downtown Disney, etc, you can have it delivered free of charge to your resort. Any guests are able to send packages to the front of the park for end of the day pickup.
8. Disney Cast Members are available at your service 24 hours a day to make your vacation as relaxing as possible.
9. You can save time on your trip because you are always close to the theme parks.
10. You are always engrossed in Disney magic. You never have to enter the ‘real world’ so to speak once you have arrived at Disney. Each resort is Disney themed and offers special entertainment and experiences for guests.
Why do you choose to say on-site or off-site?
Here are the top 10 reasons to stay at an off-site Disney Resort.