The Disney Vacation Club is the Disney’s version of a timeshare. However, it has many perks and benefits that make the term ‘timeshare’ seem inadequate. As you know, Disney doesn’t do anything halfway.
The Disney Vacation Club (also called the DVC) works on a points system. You buy a specific number of points and you are allowed to cash those points in at over 500 locations throughout Disney World, Disneyland, The United States and even overseas. Each year you are issued your points, but you can bank or borrow points from one year to the next to maximize your trip. And even though you might start with a minimal amount of points, you can purchase additional points as your needs change.
So what can your points get you? Here’s an example form the Disney Vacation Club website:
- 51 Vacation Points for a Deluxe Studio at The Villas at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa for a 3-night fall getaway (Sunday-Thursday)
- 106 Vacation Points for a 1-Bedroom Villa with a Savanna View at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas for 3 nights (Friday – Sunday) to celebrate Memorial Day.
- 144 Vacation Points for a 1-Bedroom accommodation in Europe for a week during the Mid Season.
- 158 Vacation Points for a 3-night cruise on the Disney Dream to the Bahamas in a Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom (Category 9) for 2 adults.
- 183 Vacation Points for a Deluxe Studio with a Theme Park View at Bay Lake Tower at Disney’s Contemporary Resort for the week of the 4th of July.
- 217 Vacation Points for a Deluxe Studio with an Oceanview at Aulani, Disney Vacation Club Villas, for the week of Christmas.
If you are interested in purchasing into the Disney Vacation Club, I highly suggest you order the FREE DVD and stop by the DVC kiosks when you are on your next Disney vacation. You can even schedule a no hassle tour on your next Walt Disney World vacation. It takes a couple hours, they provide childcare and they even give you a perk for taking the tour (I’ve heard of gift cards and Fastpasses for your entire party). Be sure to schedule your tour as soon as you arrive for your vacation if you are interested.
Learn more about the Walt Disney World Resorts and contact Destinations in Florida to help you book your perfect resort.