Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue has shared their fried chicken recipe with us! Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue is a musical dinner show at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground. Recreate this guest favorite at home with this recipe!
Famous Fried Chicken from Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue
- 3 cups cold water
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 4 tablespoons coarse salt
- 1 medium chicken, cut into 2 legs, 2 breasts, 2 thighs, and 2 wings
- Canola oil, for frying
- Reserved brined chicken
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon coarse salt
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons ground white pepper
- Combine cold water, garlic powder, and coarse salt in a large glass bowl. Add cut up chicken.
- Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours.
FOR FRIED CHICKEN:
- With caution, heat 3 inches of oil in a heavy-bottomed pot until it reaches 350°F.
- Remove chicken from brine and pat dry.
- Whisk flour, cornstarch, salt, paprika, onion powder, and white pepper in a shallow bowl or pie plate. Dredge chicken in seasoned flour, making sure to fully coat each piece.
- Carefully place chicken in hot oil, working in batches if necessary. Cook chicken, turning once, 13-14 minutes for breasts, 9-10 minutes for thighs, 7-8 minutes for legs and wings, until all meat reaches an internal temperature of 165°F.
- Carefully remove from oil and drain on paper towels.
This recipe has been converted from a larger quantity in the restaurant kitchens.
Click here for all the latest Disney News!