Today, May 27th, Disney World submitted their proposed reopening dates to the Orange County Economic Recovery Task Force. This includes Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom opening July 11th. Followed by Epcot and Hollywood Studios on July 15th. These dates are still pending state and Orange County approval.
The focus on reopening is to open in a responsible way, with everyone’s safety in mind. While the parks may look different for now, I am excited to see the magic return.
Key Things To Know:
- Limits on attendance
- Controlled guest density, to allow physical distancing
- Limits on experiences that draw large groups
- Parades and nighttime spectaculars to return at a later date
- Limits on “high-touch” experiences
- Makeover opportunities, playgrounds & character meet & greets to remain temporarily unavailble
- Characters will still be in the parks
- Attendance to be managed through a new theme park reservation system
- Guests will obtain a reservation for park entry in advance
- Cast Members & guests 3 years & older will be required to wear face coverings in theme parks and common areas of Resorts.
- All guests are required to undergo temperature screening prior to entering a theme park (Cast Members too)
- Cashless transactions are recommended
- High-traffic areas will see an increase in cleaning & disinfection procedures
Important Info About Ticket Sales & Disney Resort Reservations:
- New ticket sales are temporarily paused
- Disney Resort hotel reservations are temporarily paused
- DVC members (Disney Vacation Club) can still maker new reservations
- Existing ticket holders & Annual Passholders will be able to make reservation requests in phases before new tickets are sold, Disney to reach out to these guests with more info.
- New ticket sales & Resort reservations to resume after a period of time, when existing ticket holders and passholders have been reached out to.
- Theme park reservations will be limited due to attendance limitations and will be subject to availability.
- More details about this new reservation system will be available soon.
Disney Vacation Club Resorts will reopen to members and guests at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground on June 22. Starting June 15, Disney Vacation Club resorts in Vero Beach, Florida, and Hilton Head, South Carolina, will also open to members and guests.
Additional info to follow soon.