Walt Disney World began to reopen today, with select DVC properties and Fort Wilderness welcoming Guests. I’ve gathered up everything we learned so far…
- Resorts are not currently conducting on-site temperature screenings
- Face masks are required in all the common areas (except for while swimming and dining) by Guests 2 years of age and older. You can remove your mask while sitting by the pool or in the pool itself.
- Lounge chairs by the pool are spaced out to utilize social distancing.
- You must have a dining reservation to visit a Disney Resort at this time.
- Disney is utilizing an enhanced cleaning and paying closer attention to high-touch items like door handles and light switches.
- Room floors are being steam-cleaned and vacuumed between each Guest
- Mousekeeping is cleaning their tools between each room
- Mousekeeping comes for a light cleaning service every other day of your stay. The option to skip Mousekeeping for a gift card has been eliminated.
- You can check-in for the Disney Resort restaurants by scanning a QR code in the lobby of the restaurant and following the prompts to check-in. It is also available on My Disney Experience.
- Menus are available by scanning a QR code to view on your phone. Paper menus are available upon request.
- Checks are placed into disposable check holders that are discarded after use.
- Refillable Mugs are available but in a completely different format. You present your mug to the Cast Member and after scanning it to make sure it is valid, they fill up a paper cup for you and you can either pour it into your mug or use the cup.
- Character dining is only available at Topolino’s Terrace. Characters come by in a parade and maintain 6 feet from Guests at all time.
- Only current form of transportation in operation
- Hand sanitizer is available at the bus stops
- Physical distance markers at the bus stops help Guests to wait 6 feet apart from one another
- When boarding the bus, groups are assigned a zone to sit in. Each zone has numbered seats and are divided from other zones by partitions
- Some seats are marked as not available for your safety
- Bus driver wipes down the surfaces of the bus after Guests use them
I’ll be sure to keep you posted!