I often get asked what my top tips are for Walt Disney World. So if I only had your ear for 10 minutes, this is what I would tell you….
1. Don’t spend time in line if you don’t have to. Utilize Disney’s Fastpass System (it’s FREE for everyone).
2. Counter service restaurants and snack windows that serve fountain drinks will give you ice water for free. Just ask!
3. Animal Kingdom does not have lids on their drinks and they have paper straws. If you have young kids, make sure you bring them a sippy cup/water bottle to this park.
4. You do not have to carry your packages around with you all day. You can either have them sent up to the front of the park to pick up on your way out or if you are staying on Disney property you can have them sent to your resort’s gift shop (next day).
5. You do NOT have to tour Disney World together. It is okay to split up and do your own thing. Just schedule meals together and leave it at that. When you have a large party, everyone is not going to want to do the same thing at the same time. Disney is all about having fun! It is okay to have your fun without your 10 person family having it with you.
6. Cast members are there to help you. Ask them everything! They know secrets you wouldn’t believe. And there is a great chance they can direct you to the perfect parade viewing spot. If we hadn’t asked a cast member on our first trip if we had picked a good spot for the fireworks, we would of missed the whole thing because of trees! (For the record we like to sit at the tables in front of Casey’s to see Wishes.)
7. Aren’t sure where to find characters? Just read the free Times Guide that you can pick up each morning at entrance to the park (you can also find it next to just about every register too). It lists the times and locations of almost every character that is meeting that day as well as parades, fireworks, shows, etc.
8. If you are looking for a specific character, just ask a character handler (the cast members that work with characters). They have a radio that they can use to call around and find out where and when that character is suppose to meet.
9. Photopass photographers will also use your camera to take pictures. This is a great way to get the family photographer actually in your pictures! You do not have to purchase anything from Photopass to use this service!
10. You can make your own autograph books at home and save money! Characters will sign anything really… shirts, hats, pillow cases, canvas, etc. They just won’t sign anything that you are currently wearing.
What would your top tips be if you only had someone’s attention for 10 minutes?
Learn more tips and tricks for your next Walt Disney World vacation. Destinations in Florida can also help you add tips and tricks to your next vacation.