Part of why I love Disney World is it contains much more than just rides. While the attractions are amazing, guests can experience much more such as a Broadway style show (Beauty and the Beast live on stage & more) and museums. One museum in Disney World gets the title of the cutest museum on property. Guests can visit the Bijutsu-kan Gallery in the Japan Pavilion of Epcot’s World Showcase to see the Kawaii museum – Kawaii: Japan’s Cute Culture.
7 Facts About Disney World’s Cutest Exhibit:
1. The Bijutsu-kan Gallery opened in October 2015 for guests at the Japan Pavilion in Epcot’s World Showcase.
2. Here guests can learn about Kawaii, Japan’s “Cute Culture” from origin through evolution.
3. The large statue is a Melty-Go-Round statue, in the shape of a Harajuku girl. This piece was created by a Japanese artist & designer named Sebastian Masuda. The statue is filled with colorful small toys, jewelry and trinkets from his travels.
4. What is Kawaii? Kawaii means loveable or cute and represents the obsession with all things such. Perhaps the most famous representative of Kawaii is Hello Kitty by Sanrio.
5. Kawaii (käwīˌē) is pronounced just like the U.S. State, Hawai’i.
6. Learn the History of kawaii design, see historical artifacts and how kawaii has become a means of expression in fashion, housewares and more.
7. View a replica of a modern Tokyo apartment on display, filled with Kawaii items. It is a fun scavenger hunt to see kawaii used in everyday life.
Learn more museums at Disney World by reading the 10 Best Free Self-guided tours at Disney World.
Learn more about the Walt Disney World Parks including attractions, secrets, tips and more. Plus my friends at Destinations in Florida can help you plan your perfect Walt Disney World vacation.