We all want to get the most out of our vacations, and with some Key Disneyland Planning you can. We’ve created a handy checklist for you to follow along with as you start the planning process. If you use a Travel Agent, then they will do most of this for you.
Here’s a highlighted checklist of what to plan before arriving:
- Plan the Best Time of Year for Your Visit – This is very personal, if you don’t like crowds, don’t go in July. If you don’t mind crowds and want full days with lots of options, July is probably your best choice.
- Contact Your Travel Agent with a list of your wants – Put them to work for you, that’s what they do and at no cost to you
- Order For Yourself Or Have Your Travel Agent Send You A Disney Vacation Planning DVD – It’s fun to watch no matter what
- Write a Vacation Budget – Share with Your Travel Agent – this should include your must do’s, food budget (then add 20%), souvenir budget and Miscellaneous items
- Decide On Your Resort – Disneyland Resorts or Good Neighbor – Both have many pro’s and con’s. Find the right one for you can take some time. Again, I recommend having a Travel Agent do this for you. Tell them your needs and wants and they will find it for you
- Start Training your legs for a lot of walking – I never do this and every time wish I had. My legs hurt at the end of the first day. Some might say I’ll never learn
- View The Park Maps Online – Great way to plan out your days at the Park
- 60 days prior have Travel Agent book Dining – This is Very Important. Places like Blue Bayou, and Character meals fill up fast. Don’t miss out on your favorites by procrastinating.
- Create and follow a packing list – Get the weather report for your visit times and pack accordingly. Don’t forget: Sunscreen, Medications, Sunglasses, Comfortable Walking Shoes, Camera, Cell Phone Charger, Glasses, Extra Contacts, Swimsuit, Light Jacket or Sweatshirt, Shorts, Jeans, Comfortable Backpack to carry everything, Postage Stamps to share your great time with family and friends via Postcards, and Extra Memory for Camera Plus Camera Charger
- Plan Your Ride – Rental Car or Resort Transit – This could also help decide which hotel to chose. Do you mind driving to parks or do you want to walk? Do you want to be in the middle of all the action with no worrying about getting a ride or walking? There are lots of choices around Disneyland, Research well or again, have your Travel Agent find the perfect hotel for you
- Find your Personal House of Worship – If you plan on crossing over Saturdays and Sundays, and it is important to your family to worship, then find a local church, synagogue, mosque or other house of worship to attend.
- Make a Countdown to Disney Vacation Project – The kids, oh come on all of you will, will love the countdown and it will keep you on track with getting the most done on time. Plus the excitement never wears off, it just grows and grows!
I hope this list will help you on your next Disneyland Vacation. As always know that getting free help for your planning is just a click away!
Contact DisneyDaniel today to book your first, next or best Disney Vacation!
Learn more about how to save money for Disneyland.
Check out all the Disneyland Deals.