There are two types of stays at Disneyland Resort- On-site (or Resort hotels) and Off-site, of which some are the Good Neighbor hotels. There are also other surrounding hotels, but they don’t come with the Disney-friendly accommodations that Good Neighbors do.
Resort hotel benefits:
- Proximity- Disneyland Hotel is just steps to the monorail, and the Grand Californian has its own entrance into California Adventure!
- Character dining- each hotel has a character meal location right there
- Key to the Magic and Package Express- charge your food/merchandise to your room and even have your purchases delivered to your resort
- Character wake up calls
- Disney programming in the room- Fireworks music, bedtime stories by princesses
- Immersing yourself in the magic, 24 hours a day
Good Neighbor hotel benefits:
- Transportation- many hotels offer free parking and you can either find a hotel that has it’s own transit system between the parks or use the Anaheim Resort Transit. Others are within walking distance. Otherwise it’s $14 a day to park.
- Variety- over 40 hotels to choose from and price ranges go from Economy to Superior and there are suites that can fit larger families.
- Breakfast is one of my MUSTS if I stay at a Good Neighbor hotel.
Both Resort hotels and Good Neighbor hotels are options when booking a Disney Vacation package. This has additional perks:
- Mickey’s Toontown Morning Madness parade (Mon, Weds, Fri or Sat)- special pass only
- Character call to let your family know you’re going to Disneyland!
- Early morning access with 3-day parkhopper or longer
- Preferred Seating at shows in California Adventure
- Luggage tag
- Walt Disney Travel lanyard and pin
Go here to catch up on the Disneyland Trainingseries.
Linds is a Disney fanatic which started from a young age with her first Disneyland trip at 4 years old- now married and has 4 boys, she enjoys going even more! Linds blogs at Enchanting Deals about the latest Disney specials and park, dining and resort guest tips. She loves being a Disney deal expert- to help families get to Disney and save money! Also can find her on Twitter or Facebook.
Disneyland is the Happiest Place On Earth. Be sure to learn how to make the most of your trip by reading the Disneyland Training series. You can also browse all the articles I have posted in an easy to use outline. And if you are ready to book your trip, be sure to read about the perks of using an authorized Disney vacation planner (plus it’s FREE!).