There are 9 Fastpass+ Experiences at Animal Kingdom. You are allowed to pre-book any 3 Fastpass+ experiences from this list. I’ve included my opinion on each attraction and overall tips to make your touring plan work the best for your family.
- Arrive at the park at least 30 minutes before opening. Plan on heading back to the Kilimanjaro Safaris if it is important to your family to see as many animals as possible. They are the most active in the morning or right after it rains. If you are okay with riding Kilimanjaro Safaris later in the day, you can use this time to ride Expedition Everest, Primeval Whirl and Dinosaur all by 10 am (in that order)!
- Going to Pandora? Arrive at the park at least an hour before opening. You can make it onto Flight of Passage with a 30-45 min wait if you arrive this early. Or you could walk right on Na’Vi River Journey.
- Book your Fastpass+ Experiences for 10, 11 and 12 and then return to the kiosk for more Fastpass+ selections or check My Disney Experience App.
You are only allowed to book one of the two Pandora attractions.
- Flight of Passage – A Fastpass+ is recommended as lines get long for this attraction. However, the queue is a must experience at least once. If available, book this one over Na’Vi River Journey.
- Na’vi River Journey – A Fastpass+ is recommended as lines get long for this attraction.
- DINOSAUR – Can see waits up to 40 minutes during the day. Plan on riding this one within the 1.5 of opening or with a Fastpass+ experience.
- Expedition Everest – Plan on riding this one as soon as the park opens or with a Fastpass+ experience. Do not book your experience for right after you eat.
- Festival of the Lion King – This reservation gives you special seating. I wouldn’t use a Fastpass+ experience here unless nothing else on the list appeals to you. If you aren’t using a Fastpass+ experience, plan on arriving at least 30 minutes before the scheduled show time.
- Finding Nemo – The Musical – This reservation gives you special seating. I wouldn’t use a Fastpass+ experience here unless nothing else on the list appeals to you. If you aren’t using a Fastpass+ experience, plan on arriving at least 30 minutes before the scheduled show time.
- It’s Tough to Be a Bug! – Wait times usually don’t exceed 20 minutes for this attraction, so I don’t recommend using your Fastpass+ experience here.
- Kali River Rapids – Book your Fastpass+ experience for just before you plan to leave for the day. You don’t want to walk around in soaked clothes and you could end up soaked head to toe on this one!
- Kilimanjaro Safaris – Ride this one first thing in the morning when the park opens or book a Fastpass+ experience for 10 am and use the first hour to ride Everest, Primeval Whirl and Dinosaur.
- Meet Favorite Disney Pals at Adventurers Outpost – Fastpass+ Experience isn’t necessary for this one but if you have an extra experience, you’ll appreciate not having to wait in a long line with kids anxious to meet Mickey and Minnie.
- Primeval Whirl – Book a Fastpass+ experience here for early afternoon. Do not book one for right after you eat!
- Up! A Great Bird Adventure – Probably wouldn’t book a Fastpass here unless I didn’t have any other options.
- Rivers of Light – Booking this one ahead of time will prevent you from being able to get additional Fastpasses during the day since you won’t have used your 3 pre-selected Fastpasses. That is the major drawback for it!
- The Animation Experience – This new experience for guests is a chance to take an animation class led by an instructor with a focus on The Lion King characters. Each session is different, visit more than once to complete your collection. Guests will have the chance to learn to draw: Simba, Pumbaa, Timon, Zazu and more.
Read more about planning your vacation with Fastpass+.