Unfortunately there are 2 tiers for the attractions. You are allowed to pre-book one Fastpass+ from Tier One and two Fastpass+ from Tier Two. I’ve included my opinion on each attraction and overall tips to make your touring plan work the best for your family.
- Arrive to Hollywood Studios at least 45 minutes before opening so you can head to Toy Story Land. Lines for all attractions are very short during the first hour the park is open as well so you can get a lot accomplished.
- Book your Fastpass+ reservations for 10, 11 and 12 and then return to the Fastpass+ kiosk for more selections.
At Hollywood Studios, you are only allowed to pick one Fastpass+ reservation from these attractions:
- Toy Story Mania! – You absolutely must either ride this attraction as soon as the park opens or use Fastpass+. The line reaches 60 minutes (or more) about 30 minutes after the park opens and it stays there for the remainder of the day.
- Slinky Dog Dash – I would choose Slinky Dog Dash over Alien Swirling Saucers.
- Alien Swirling Saucers – out of the 3 Toy Story Land attractions, this is least popular.
You are then allowed to pick two Fastpass+ reservation from these attractions:
- Beauty and the Beast – Live on Stage – I would not use a Fastpass+ for this show. Just arrive 30 minutes before showtime and you should get a seat.
- Disney Junior – Live on Stage! – I would not use Fastpass+ for this as the seating is at the very front and doesn’t offer a clear view of the stage.
- Fantasmic! – I would not use a Fastpass+ for this either. There doesn’t appear to be any reserved viewing for Fantasmic!, just a special line for those with Fastpass+ and then everyone is allowed into the theater at the same time and seating is first come, first serve. It is better to book a Fantasmic Dining Experience if you want reserved seating.
- For the First Time in Forever: A Frozen Sing-Along Celebration – Another one that doesn’t actually need a FastPass. I wouldn’t miss it though. It’s hilarious!
- Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular! – I would not use Fastpass+ for this show. Just arrive 30 minutes before show time and you’ll get a seat. The pre-show is really fun to watch.
- Muppet*Vision 3D – I would not use Fastpass+ for this show as it rarely sees long lines.
- Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster – This attraction can see lines over an hour during the day. I highly recommend either riding it as soon as the park opens or using Fastpass+. They do have a single rider line (for ages 7 and up) that usually has a wait that is at least half the time, if not more, than the regular line. Keep in mind that you likely won’t ride with your party as they are looking for groups of 1 to fill in empty seats.
- Star Tours: The Adventures Continue – Ride this one first thing in the morning or use Fastpass+.
- The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror – Ride first thing in the morning or with Fastpass+. The lines can exceed an hour or longer!
- Voyage of the Little Mermaid – Fastpass+ is not a must for this attraction, but if you want to fill out your choices, it isn’t a bad choice. Otherwise you need to arrive 20 minutes before showtime and since this is a continuous show, that isn’t the same as showing up 30 minutes before the shows with set showtimes.
Read more about planning your vacation with Fastpass+.