There is a wide world of ways to grow your Disney fund. Some of them may seem obvious, and some of them may surprise you in how quickly they add up. As I continue to work on expanding my Disney fund, I’ll be exploring a variety of techniques and sharing them with you!
Recognize those three adorable children up top? Today we’re talking about banks, so of course Mr. Darling popped into my mind. How much do you know about your bank? What about your credit card? When I started the Savings to Disney course, I was surprised to find I literally couldn’t answer these questions. I knew nothing about my credit cards and very little about my bank. How was I supposed to tell my money where to go if I couldn’t speak its language?
The best way to learn is to ask, so let’s start asking some questions.
- Does your bank offer points or rewards for using your debit card?
- Does your bank give you cashback for certain types of purchases or cash back at select merchants?
- Does your bank give you rewards for using credit over debit?
While we’re asking questions, let’s talk about those credit cards!
- Does your credit card have a reward redemption program?
- If the answer is no, are you sure?
- If the answer is yes, do you know the expiration date?
We’ve got our questions but what about our answers?
- Usually rewards offered are listed on a bank or credit card’s website. You may have to read through some fine print, but companies are obligated to have the information available to the consumer.
- Ask your friendly teller! They will usually have a pamphlet or printed information you can take home and peruse.
Even if you have been with a bank or credit card for a while, don’t be shy about asking if they have a rewards program or other incentives. The worst thing that can happen is they say no. The best things would be discovering an easy way to earn rewards that can be transformed into gift cards or cash for your Disney fund.
I would love to hear about your experiences with bank and credit card rewards. Have you had any luck with finding more money for your fund through a bank’s reward program? Tell me about it in the comments!
Kristen B. is wife to the best Prince around, mama to the spunkiest little princesses, and lover of all things Disney. She started her savings journey three years ago and is now dedicated to making her family’s wishes come true one coupon at a time. She is so excited to take her love of saving to the next level and share her journey with you! Click here to catch up on Kristen’s Savings and join in on your own savings adventure!