Have you ever heard of Aldi’s? If you haven’t, you are missing out! Aldi’s is a unique grocery store that only carries about 1400 frequently purchased items, the majority being Aldi’s select brands. You won’t find 10 different varieties of cookies in this store, but you will find 1 or 2 at a reduced price.
Aldi’s keeps their overhead low to make sure that you get the biggest discounts as possible. Here are a few things that Aldi’s does that is different:
- You will need to either bring your own bags from home or you will have to purchase them in the store. You also have to bag your own groceries!
- You have to deposit a quarter into the shopping cart to ‘rent’ it. You get your quarter back when you return it to the corral.
- They do not accept credit cards but they do take debit cards and EBTs
- They do not accept coupons
Here are the things that I always purchase at my local Aldi’s store:
- Loaf bread
- Milk – 75c to $1 less than Walmart but it does expire faster
- Baking supplies
- lunch meat
Aldi’s offers a double guarantee on all items they sell. If you aren’t satisfied with a product you had purchased, they will replace it and refund your money. I love that I can shop without having to worry about the quality of a product.
Each week Aldi’s runs an ad from Wednesday to Tuesday. Usually their ad consists of ‘Special Buys’ that are one time deals that Aldi has purchased and offers at a deep discount to their customers.
When I start my weekly shopping trips, I always hit Aldi’s first before going to the other stores. You never know what awesome deals you are going to find!
Go here to see if you have an Aldi’s near you. If you do, I highly suggest you make a special trip to your store to check things out. You won’t regret it!
If you are a regular shopper at Aldi’s, be sure to let me know what your favorite items are!
(Thanks Definitely Deals for your help with this post!)