Epcot is an acronym that stands for Experimental Prototype Community of Tomorrow. Walt Disney himself imagined it as a living city. However years later, instead of a city, Imagineers decided to fulfill Walt’s wishes with 2 parts, World Showcase and Future World.
World Showcase is a place where each country can permanently showcase its unique food, culture and more. Future World combines free enterprise and technologies of the future. Today, we will be focusing on Future World and all that it contains.
Future World EAST
As soon as you walk in, or even before you arrive at the park, guests will notice Spaceship Earth. Also known as “the ball”. Standing at 180 feet (54.90 m), it is the icon of the park. It also contains a ride and more.
- Spaceship Earth is a slow moving ride through history, all ages and heights are allowed (it does have some dark parts). Sit back, relax and enjoy your journey through time.
- Project Tomorrow: Inventing the Wonders of the Future is located at the exit of Spaceship Earth containing interactive games for all ages.
Meet Disney Pals at Legacy Plaza West.
Dine at Electric Umbrella for salads, burgers and more near Innovations.
Watch the JAMMitors at Future World East, shows last about 10 minutes.
browse the Leave a Legacy (no longer available to purchase).
Mission Space, recently updated however still offers 2 missions to choose from. Then explore the Mission Space Training Lab.
Test Track attraction for 40″+, Fastpass+ recommended.
Grab a treat at Taste Track outside of Test Track.
Also stop by Test Track Cool Wash outside of Test Track for a refreshing drink and more with cooling mist sprays.
Future World WEST
- Meet Disney Pals at Epcot Character Spot
- Meet Both Joy & Sadness at Headquarters
- Meet Baymax at Hiro’s Workshop from Disney’s Big Hero 6.
Fountain View serving Starbucks drinks and more.
If you are a Disney® Visa® Cardmember be sure to check out the Character Experience at Epcot.
Journey Into Imagination With Figment and play along with this mischievous purple dragon known as Figment on this attraction, great for all ages (with some dark/loud parts). Visit ImageWorks for fun interactive opportunities after the ride.
Watch Disney & Pixar Short Film Festival in 4D.
The Seas with Nemo & Friends Pavilion:
- Bruce’s Shark World is a must stop for a fun photo opportunity, inside The Seas with Nemo & Friends Pavilion.
- Discover Disney Animals: Coral Reefs, Sharks and Stingrays, Sea Turtles, Reef Fish, Visit Sea Base too.
- Coral Reef Restaurant specializes in seafood, with views of the living coral reef.
- Turtle Talk With Crush featuring Dory.
The Land Pavilion:
- Soarin’ for guests 40″+, enjoy an airborne attraction with world views. Fastpass+ available.
- Living With the Land is a relaxing, educational boat ride.
- The Garden Grill is an opportunity for Character experiences at this rotating restaurant.
- Sunshine Seasons offers a variety of food options with a food court style located in The Land pavilion.
- The Land Cart – located outside The Land grab quick healthy options such as hummus, fruit or veggies. Plus water, draft beer, soda and more.
Shops of Future World:
- Art of Disney
- Camera Center
- Club Cool (also stop by to sample soda from around the world for Free).
- Gateway Gifts
- Mission: Space Cargo Bay
- Mouse Gear
- Pin Central
- SeaBase Gift Shop
- Test Track SIMporium
Disney Skyliner will soon Connect Epcot and other Disney World Parks & Resorts. It will be yet another mode of transportation available to guests at the Disney World Parks.