Do you want to become a Galactic Hero?! Today, learn how to become one at Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin in Magic Kingdom. This shooting-gallery attraction in Tomorrowland can be enjoyed by guests of any height.
Achieve the Galactic Hero status by earning 999,999 points – a perfect score! To achieve Galactic Hero, know where the high value targets are. Unlike Disneyland, targets of different point values are all the same “z” shape at Disney World so you need to know where to aim.
High Value Targets At Disney World:
Look for the Robot and aim at left hand and then at the claw on the ceiling for 100,000 point targets per hit. Tip: Aim for the claw on the ceiling as you are leaving the room.
Then as you enter the second room, aim for the top of the Volcano, the highest “z” for 50,000 points each.
Look for Emperor Zurg and aim for the target, “z” below him for 100,000 points. Tip: aim as you enter and as you leave the room for best shots, it is harder to hit straight on.
- If the attraction slows down, do not stop aiming, instead this is a great time to rack up points. You may be lucky enough to stop in front of a known high point target.
- Be the one who controls the joystick, to have the ability to position yourself in front of the high scoring targets.
- Shoot at each high scoring target more than once.
- Keep shooting, even in the Emergency Escape Hatch.
- Keep shooting, even if you don’t see anymore targets.
- Let a Cast Member know you have reached 999,999 points (take a picture of your score and show them) and receive a free commemorative Galactic Hero button or sticker!
Learn more about the Walt Disney World Parks including attractions, secrets, tips and more. Plus my friends at Destinations in Florida can help you plan your perfect Walt Disney World vacation.