Update: IllumiNations is now over. A new show is taking its place.
IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth Fireworks in Epcot is a nightly breath-taking performance around the World Showcase lagoon. This fireworks show tells the story of our planet from when the Earth is Born, through the Triumph of Life and finally the Hope for the Future.
However, it is now confirmed IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth will come to a end. IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth is scheduled to run through summer 2019. Then a new show will debut at the World Showcase Lagoon immediately after IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth ends. Stay tuned for more details on the new show upcoming.
Check your Times Guide for showtimes on the day of your visit and keep in mind that it will be cancelled in the event of inclement weather.
Most nights, IllumiNations takes place at 9 pm. At around 8 pm, people will begin gathering around the World Showcase Lagoon to find the perfect viewing location. You can see this show from around the lagoon, but here are some of the best spots to view Illuminations:
- From the entrance to the World Showcase near the 2 gift shops
- In Japan on the 2nd story of the Mitsukoshi Department Store
- The bridge between France and the United Kingdom
- Dining area for Yorkshire County Fish Shop
- Book a Rose and Crown reservation for 7:45 and ask to sit on the patio
- Book a La Hacienda reservation for 8 pm for great views of the show while you eat
- If the Italy Isola (the raised platform in Italy near the lagoon) isn’t being used for a private party, it offers excellent views
- Anywhere in Norway
Illuminations is also part of the Fastpass+ reservation system. The viewing area for the fireworks is located at the entrance to the World Showcase between the 2 gift shops. I don’t suggest using a Fastpass+ experience for this since the rides are still tiered in Epcot.
Be sure to prepare your party for the exit after the fireworks. It will be very crowded and it can take you a while to get out of the park and to your bus stop. Your departure could take up to 45 minutes after the show.