Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party features the famous Mickey’s Boo-To-You Halloween Parade, trick-or-treating and more! Many ask, is Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party worth the cost? Today, we are exploring that question!
Hours Compared To a 1-Day Ticket
On a typical day, Magic Kingdom hours are 9am-10pm (will vary by season), that is 13 hours of potential park time.
Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party event hours are 7pm-midnight, with ticketed guests able to enter Magic Kingdom as early as 4pm, that gives 8 hours of potential park time.
What’s Included in the Party:
- Exclusive Event Merchandise – Remember your night and the spooky season with event merchandise and Halloween souvenirs.
- Exclusive Event Food & Beverage – Enjoy fall flavored menu items inspired by Halloween, from sweet to savory options of the season.
- Mickey’s Boo-To-You Halloween Parade – featuring Disney Villains, floats, Characters in their Halloween attire, Haunted Mansion graveyard diggers and the iconic Headless Horseman riding down Main Street USA.
- Hocus Pocus Villain Spelltacular! – Look to Cinderella Castle stage for this show featuring the Sanderson Sisters.
- The Cadaver Dans Barbershop Quartet – Head to Frontierland for a laugh from this lively group.
- Disney’s Not-So-Spooky Spectacular – Enjoy a fireworks spectacular with projections, special effects, lighting, music and featuring favorite Disney Characters. Do not miss this event hosted by Jack Skellington from Tim Burton’s The Nightmare Before Christmas.
- Disney Junior Jam – Where guests will see their favorite Disney Junior show Characters at Storybook Circus. Young party guests will love this!
- Trick-or-treating – Follow the trick-or-treat trails and get ready to collect a bag of candy!
- Less wait time for your favorite attractions – Since this is a limited capacity event, there will be less wait times for your favorite Magic Kingdom attractions!
- Halloween Overlays on select attractions – Space Mountain, Mad Tea Party, Pirates of the Caribbean and Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor will have Halloween overlays!
- Dress in Costume – The whole family is invited, and encourage, to dress up in costume (some guidelines apply). Adults are normally not allowed to dress up.
- Characters in Costume – Get camera ready to pose with your favorite Characters in their Halloween best + Rare Character sightings.
- Fun Photo ops – Look for Magic Shots opportunities as well throughout the park.
Typical Attractions open during the event
-Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
-Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin
-Dumbo the Flying Elephant
-it’s a small world
-Mad Tea Party
-Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor
-Peter Pan’s Flight
-Pirates of the Caribbean
-Prince Charming Regal Carrousel
-Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
-Swiss Family Treehouse
-The Magic Carpets of Aladdin
-The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
-Tomorrowland Transit Authority People Mover
-Under the Sea ~ Journey of the Little Mermaid
Is the Party Worth it?
This answer will be subjective and vary by guest. However, in my opinion, it is worth it to experience at least once!
The value of the party ticket is in the party exclusives. Especially if you have been to Disney World multiple times, this is a whole-new-way to experience Magic Kingdom Park.
How to get the most Value:
Skip a park ticket for that day. Instead, enjoy a relaxing morning by the pool until it is time to get ready. Or head to Disney Springs for the morning and lunch before getting ready for the party. By skipping a park day and enjoying a free morning activity, it will offset the party ticket cost.
Purchase an earlier date. Earlier party nights are less expensive than later dates leading up to Halloween night. All party dates have the same offerings.
Dress up as a group! Consider dressing up as a group or your favorite Disney character to enhance your and each party goers experience. Most guests do dress up and it is fun to see others costume ideas!
Plan out a handful of must-dos on your list. It will be impossible to do it all, between entertainment, character interactions, rides and more. It will be a whirlwind of a night, of the best kind!